Is it true that guys consider it a turn off when a girl curses?

I've heard that it was true, but as far as I can tell it doesn't seem so...

Most Helpful Guy

• I react negatively when anyone curses. At least when someone uses cusswords as a normal part of speach instead of extra strong expletives. A person who can't even speak calmly and normally without sprinkling the sentences with cusswords comes off as a simpleton and a bit of a barbarian. I doubt many girls would want that.

A simple brute barbarian may be the thing for some guys though.

Screaming F%¤#K when you hit your thumb with a hammer is in line with the situation and is generally OK. Speaking every F#¤ing sentence with d#"mn cusswords, because you f"#¤ing can't bother to not do so, is f"#¤ing stupid.

What Guys Said 10

• To an extent it does. Personally I think that it is cute when my diminutive elderly mother cusses but not so much a female of your age. Call me sexist but cussing is more of a man thing.

Girls are cute and proper and should not use such language (jk).

As long as every other word put of their mouth is not a cuss and they do not cuss like a sailor on shore leave, then I am cool with it.

• Every guy wants a good girl to be bad only for him, every girl wants a bad guy to be good only to her

• Doesnt bother me, but raising the voice, getting drunk and out of control behavior: Adios bitch

• speaking of myself .. something common about girls I like is that them being cute .. so a cute thing cursing a lot maybe a turn-off

• I would be a hypocrite if I'd judge girls because of cursing as I curse every day.

But the thing is... cursing is like salt, you need just a bit, if it's too much then it's just lame and nobody likes it.

I don't mind at all when girls I know curse, but once I was approached by a girl I didn't know, she started talking and gosh - she was cursing more than a sailor... that seriously ruined the impression, and I had no idea how to reply..

• No. I do find it annoying when people cuss for no reason. Like when people use it to fill up their sentences with every other word, then it's annoying. Otherwise I'm not about all that "it's un-ladylike" or whatever.

• Since I personally don't curse, yes it's a turn off.

• hell no. especially if she is whispering "f*** me" in my ear,

• For me it depends how much you do it. My crush swears, bur she doesn't do it very often. If you do it too much it lowers my expectation of you and decreases my respect and thoughts on your IQ.

• Depends on the guy. Some of us think it's kind of hot.

• However, it's never really a turn off to ~not~ curse, so it's probably the safer option, at least until you know who you're talking to.

What Girls Said 3

• i find it a turn off when a guy curses too much. It shows they are uneducated and it makes them sound ignorant. it can go both ways

• It depends on the guy. I've had a guy tell me that he thought my cursing was hot

• Guys who are religious tend to get offended with girls cursing. Now if you go out and kill someone in the name of God, it's okay.