Anyone break the no contact rule?

My ex said we shouldn't talk anymore and I agreed but I broke it :/ Our last conversation turned into an argument mainly because of him, he said mean hurtful things. I said a few things as well so I'm not innocent either. I feel stupid and weak for breaking contact and apologizing when he said he thinks it will be better us not talking anymore. So I was wondering if anyone else has broken contact before?

Most Helpful Guy

• I guess I did. No contact is just stupid hope that the other comes running back...

What Guys Said 2

• No. I don't see a point in getting back together or that false sense of hope of togetherness. Feel free to break the rule.

You will just get hurt again.

• Exes shouldn't talk after break up

What Girls Said 2

• I broke the no contact rule big time. You have to be really careful. Us being girls we think there's something that we can say that will just magically change his mind and fix everything. Wrong. If he wants space then you have to give it to him. Don't make the same mistake I did. I contacted my ex constantly after he broke up with me, and it just ended up driving him away altogether. It's only been two and a half weeks since we broke up and he's already doing things with another girl and posting about it on Facebook and tumblr T_T Just give him his space. Stop apologizing to him and just leave him alone. Get rid of your Facebook and tumblr, do what ever you have to do. But guys like to chase girls. Let him miss you a bit. He'll contact you when he's ready.

• Yes-and completely regretted it. I felt so much worse. There's a reason why it's said that a break-up should be treated like a death. It sounds harsh, and it's so tempting to reach out when you know in fact that person is still out there, but that precious time spent contacting him/her is time that should be spent on healing yourself.