If a guy goes above and beyond for you, would you take his feelings into consideration?

ladies if you have a guy friend and you know he likes you and he goes above and beyond to help you specially when no one helps you do would you take his feelings into consideration

Most Helpful Girl

• If a guy goes above and beyond for you, would you take his feelings into consideration?

Depends on what type of consideration.

- If the consideration is as a human being then yes.

- If the consideration is as a friend then possibly as having a friend that sticks with you is worthwhile in my opinion.

- If the consideration is romantically/sexually then no since for me that's based on attraction and compatibility not whether he goes above and beyond. I see no reason for me to consider him romantically/sexually based on his actions and overlook my attraction when most likely he likes me because he's attracted to me.

What Girls Said 8

• A good guy friend is still, just a friend. Being a good friend to her is awesome, but you shouldn't expect more than friendship, just for being nice to her, that's just not fair. Romantic feelings don't develop that way, at least not for me, and I think a lot of girls would feel the same.

Honestly, now thinking back on it, any time I've had a guy friend I'd consider a best friend, they always wanted more. Guys don't make a habit out of making new friends out of girls, they already have friends. Not saying it never happens but it's not typical. Of course any time I'm in a relationship, the 'guy friends' all of a sudden don't want to hang out as much.

I would suggest you stop spending so much energy on your friend and start spending energy on women that do want to date you. Good luck.

• If I had feelings for him, yes. Feelings meaning I would be OK with being more than friends.

Otherwise, I would have to sit down and talk with him to reiterate the meaning of friendship and kindly decline his 'too friendly' actions in which he goes above and beyond.

Sorry man. Good luck!

• Well said. The Greeks defined four types of love, the ones at hand here aer Philios love; love betwen friends, and Eros love; love between a man and a woman. Never the twain shall meet.

• Are you talking g about considering entering a relationship? If you are then I would consider it if I was attracted to the guy. If there was no attraction, I can't force myself to like someone that way sorry. Plus I would hope he would helped me out regardless of the outcome.

• Ya id be flattered and if I don't feel the same let him down easy

• Ya why wouldn't i

• Yes why

• Of course

• yes.

What Guys Said 4

• Without her feeling attraction, I don't think so. Too many men think by being nice and doing nice things for a woman, that alone will get her to go out with them. It just doesn't work like that and took me long enough to get it in my thick head. You can be practically a personal servant to her and if she doesn't find you the least bit attractive it wouldn't matter and if she's a bad person she would lead you on to keep you doing it. On the other hand, if she thinks you're hot, you almost don't have to do anything for her to go out with her.

• How does a girl go out with a guy if she finds him attractive? You said the guy doesn't have to do anything, so who does something to initiate?

• "...do anything FOR her"

Of course he has to make the moves, I am referring to doing things like little favors and stuff.

• honestly That sounds like a pity relationship. No one should ever do it.

• we are friend, but I choose to help sometimes

• That's good, but it cannot be everything. You need to flirt , tease, touch and banter more to build that sexual/physical attraction that could change you from friend to boyfriend

• Isn't this the definition of a nice guy?

This site is full of the ones who get turned down

• I doubt it.