Do guys have success in online dating?

I made a profile and I have completed it with pictures, information, what have you. I have messaged a lot of girls, but very few answer me back. I am starting to think online dating is complete bull unless you are a girl, I am debating whether to quit it because it seems like such a waste of time.


0|0
5|4

Most Helpful Guy

  • I've had tremendous success with online dating. I've met all kinds of girls. I even did a study on it, and compared all the well known sites with one another to find which one is better.

    And then I posted about half the findings on here, until the moderators took it all down. When I asked why, they said it was a mistake.

    Never bothered putting it back up, and it's somewhere on an external hard drive.

    But to give you the one sentence summary, Okcupid and Plentyoffish are the best dating sites by far, even compared to one's you pay money for.

    A number of the pay related sites regularly post fake female profiles, because as it turns out, women generally believe they do not need to pay money to find a decent date.

    1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

  • I had success online, and so did my boyfriend, obviously :P I think online dating isn't for everyone, some people get frustrated because it doesn't work for them.

    The pay sites aren't worth it, the free ones are better because more people are on them since it's free.

    It does take a lot of time and effort, I spent 8 months online before I found my boyfriend. But I have a hard time meeting people in real life, so I really had little choice. It was either do online dating or wait and hope someone eventually shows up.

    0|0
    0|0
  • It's the same as in real life. Girls are much pickier about who they want to go out with initially, so you cast a bunch of lines but only land a few fish. Add in the fact that they get a lot more options (as do you), they're more likely to be looking for a real relationship, and you lose the face to face connection that could change her mind.

    0|0
    0|0
  • Not as much as girls do-like in real life many girls get asked out or contacted more than guys

    0|0
    0|0
  • If she's really hot

    0|0
    0|0
  • Because girls are confusing,no

    0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

  • I went into the online dating experiment as a pure skeptic...I thought that people had met for thousands of years before computers, so why should I be any different? But in the interest of being open-minded, I tried a few sites...both free and paid, both secular and faith-based. And I went on some dates from each ones, though in the end nothing ended up sparking from any of them.

    So basically, my experience determined that for me personally, online dating was no less or more effective than finding women to date through more traditional means.

    0|0
    0|0
  • It helps to be a very good looking male, like in the top 10% of male attractiveness. Otherwise, it's probably a waste of effort for the remaining 90% of the men.

    0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not even gonna try lmao I'm 5'5 that's like a no brainer.

    0|0
    0|0
Loading...