Do women think that men that don't flirt with them are gay?

My friend claims I trip gaydar because I am friends with too many girls, too friendly, dress too fashionably and I work out too much. He says "women expect that 99.9% of straight men are constantly trying to seduce the women around them for sex, if you don't do that you are written off as homosexual, or worse a total p****".

Most Helpful Girl

• Only if they're stuck up will they think that. Sometimes guys are shy or are not a**holes. Sometimes men can friend zone women as efficiently as women can friend zone men.

However, if you are well dressed and you have a lot of platonic female friends, it might raise suspicion. It really depends on the guy, though.

What Girls Said 11

• Do women think that men that don't flirt with them are gay?

Some gals think that and some gals don't.

Likely gals would think you're gal more for being friends with lots of gals than for not flirting with them as it's uncommon for a guy to be friends with a gal since most guys mistakenly become friends after befriending a gal to gain her trust before asking her out or aren't genuine friends and consider themselves in the "friend zone".

• The other attributes may set off my gaydar. If he ONLY has female friends, dresses better than any other guy, well groomed, his mannerisms etc , its got nothing to do with whether he flirts with me or not. Who goes around expecting every guy to flirt with them and if he's not he's gay. That sounds so conceited and full of sh*t its actually beyond belief

• When a guy has a ton of friends that are girls that's usually when I think they are gay. But a girl that think that just because a guy isn't flirting with them is gay is just plain conceited. Do you at least like or play sports or have A male friend that is a non-relative?

• You do seem like you might trip off my gaydar, so if you didn't hit on me I might just assume that to be why. But if you're not coming off as gay I would think that you weren't into me or you were shy.

• Your friend just sounds jealous, you're the one with all the girl mates, great body and style. If anyone has a chance of pulling, it's you. ;)

• Because those women are arrogant and ignorant. Nothing more too it other than they think they are too pretty to not get hit on so when they don't they sum it up that he was gay to protect their ego. It's really quite pathetic.

• No. There are a lot of friendly, well-dressed men walking around. It doesn't make them seem gay, but it does make them seem hard to get, depending on the number of female friends that they have.

• I assume he's shy

• I assume he's taken

• Of course

• Ya or actually gay guys give me dirty looks

What Guys Said 1

• if women really think that then they need to get their head out of their a**. the world doesn't revolve around women. they are not hot sh**!