Andybody else have any crazy online dating stories?

I know I can't be the only one. Hopefully someone can help me feel better about the weirdos I meet.

Most Helpful Guy

• I pretty much gave up on internet dating. Yes I have some horror stories but most of us do. It seems more difficult to find decent people as we get older. People have baggage and some have loads of baggage. Gone are the times when we used to goto school with that person and get to know them before starting anything.

So what to do? Find a hobby and hopefully you will meet someone that shares similar interests. Check out meetup.com as they have groups from knitting to wine tasting, movie watching, hiking, political, sports, etc.

After you leave a job, date a former coworker. Hey, you aren't planning on going back there but you got to know someone well enough to pass the creepometer.

What Guys Said 5

• I've never dated anyone from the internet but I'll admit I've thought about trying it just to see if I get any decent stories. I have heard some doozies from some of my friends though. Seems to be more or less par for the course.

• My crazy online dating story. I saw a profile of a girl on an online site, for some reason I kept going back to it and eventually made contact. We got along like a house on fire. 2 months later, having had a phobia of flying, I got on a long haul 11hr flight to see her for the first time. Since then I have visited again, and we got engaged. She came her in June for a month and I am planning a suprise visit end of August. She is my one, I have no doubt. Yah don't get crazier than that !

• I'm curious did you weed out the local girls first? Or it was eharmony?

• And that just makes me sad.

• I'm not envious of women having to date guys.

• I don't myself, but I've heard of these two who were even in different continents. Pretty crazy.

• Hmm, I went on this one date, 19 year old girl, and I get there, we're playing pool, and she just opens up on her all woes right there after talking for an hour. I knew her grandmother died in front of her, I knew she used to cut herself, I knew her dad remarried and her step-mom hates her, that her sister was a clubbing slut who had to test four guys to find her baby's dad, that she was stuck at home watching her nephew and didn't get to go to college...

A bit much.

• I'm having a huge problem with girls lying about their weight, and we're not just talking 5-10 lbs here, but like 30+ lbs. It pisses me off. I don't want to date a land whale. Stop lying about your pictures and weight. I'm not a chubby chaser.

• Hmm I have a problem with people lying about age

• You'll see a lot more of that probably when when you're in that age range that you're in currently. I'm guessing you want to date mid-30's guys and you are getting late 40's?

• Yep thpugh more like mid twenties I like young guys and I keep getting some guys that say they are late forties and in person they look about ten years older than their pics

What Girls Said 0