Anyone get tired of texting?

Alright, this guy and I are going to have our first date soon, but he loves to text. not that I mind a little conversation here and there, but I mean, c'mon, leave something for the actual date.

He text allllllllllll the time...to the point where I make excuses that I'm at work and can't carry my phone. We haven't even been on the date and I'm already tired of talking to him..haha..I don't know, I know he likes me a lot, and I'm not saying I don't appreciate his interest, it's just too much too soon. This is my first time dating too. Anyone else feel this way, or am I being a jerk :/

Most Helpful Guy

• I never thought I would see the day that a post like this came from a girl, and referring to a guy at that.

I've never liked texting. It draws out simple conversations, takes more effort, and is a distraction to whatever I'm doing when I have to keep picking up my phone every 3min to text you back. It's also very impersonal which becomes an issue when talking to a girl I'm dating.

I will admit that I had a similar situation with a girl I had met online and went on a date with. She didn't text me to the point of being annoying but texting a bit before our first date help break the ice a little and ease the tension. It was like we were friends before we even met in person.

When you meet him in person, use an indirect way of approaching the issue. Say something like "I'm sorry if I don't text you often or text you back right away, I'm just not really into texting". Hopefully he'll get the hint and dial back his texting habit.

But to answer your question more directly. YES YES YES, I am so sick of texting. It has its uses but people have taken it WAY too far.

• I'm the biggest Guys Girl. haha

but yes, that's a good idea.

It's just to the point where even when I don't text back, he'll keep at it..

Is that normal? haha

• For guys not, its not normal. 90% of guys hate texting and usually keep it to a minimum, especially if the girl doesn't initiate it. I do have one buddy though who is like your new boy toy here. He can hold text convos for hours and will send to 100's of texts a day if you let him, especially when it comes to a girl he likes. I once saw him text his new Girlfriend for 10 hours straight.

What Guys Said 3

• I think you are perfectly normal and no way a jerk! The fact that you have been at least replying back to be polite shows you are a very sweet girl :) He sounds way too eager and clearly likes you a lot hence why he is over texting. Why don't you leave a little longer time between replies and try keep the answers short and sweet and without a question so that he kind of eases down.

• that's the general rule of thumb for me too. I enjoy not knowing everything about a person before actually even meeting them.

• Tired of texting? Yes definitely I have.

What Girls Said 2

• Anyone get tired of texting?

Likley just not me.

Or am I being a jerk?

Not in my opinion it seems you two have talked to the point where you feel you know enough about him and there's nothing to little else to find out so the first date will likely be the same old same old.

• im the exact same way! it completely ruins it for me...i really don't have that much to say to someone I don't know that well hahah