When do you think it is appropriate for men to cry?

I saw this advertisement for a video made by yahoo entitled "when is it appropriate for men to cry?" SO I became curious and thought I would ask what everyone thought, thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• Man can cry from a loss of a loved one or a life changing experience. I can be emotional guy, however most people don't know that about me, I can hold it back if I wish and I'm not going to break down in front of people, I don't like breaking down in front of anyone, so I don't. Reason has nothing to do with me wanting to be manly, that is just stupid guys have emotions too, but the main reason is I don't want others to pity me or feel bad for me. I can get what I'm going through alone and if I'm going to break down, it means I want to be alone and not talk about it. If I want to talk about it, I will, normally I don't, I'm independent.

What Guys Said 11

• When Bambi's mom dies. :''(

• Never.

I didn't even cry when that thing that gave birth to me died.

She's still probably not out of her misery.

• I'm more of a sensitive guy. I think it's OK to cry when the situation really calls for it like your feelings are hurt. I think most of the guys who say it's never OK to cry unless you're chopping onions are the same guys who beat their wives.

• say at a funeral for a loved one, or a proud father who was proud of his kids and their accomplishments, tears of joy

• crying doesn't solve much but it helps feel better when f***ed up sad sh*t happens.

i'd say a man can cry whenever the f*** he wants.

• Spiderman 3

Tears of laughter that is

• haha I completely agree, smart man you are

• Only when watching Lion King. ONLY

• When is it OK to make a girl cry?

• Are you legitimately serious?

Are you questioning whether it's appropriate for men to undertake a natural physiological function?

Of course it's appropriate.

The standpoint you're coming from, it states that a man is not a man unless he is invulnerable and impenetrable.

At the same time, a man does what he wants.

• Whenever they feel the need to.

• I can't help but cry when I see truly loving family moments. And I'm a pretty big guy...but can't help it. When you grow up yearning for it but never receive it, tears just start flowing when you see it.

What Girls Said 3

• Of course it is. Men are humans and have feelings too.

• Forgot to add that they should be appropriate for them to cry when they feel they need an emotional release.

• Eh. I'd say anytime it's actually appropriate for a girl to cry. During really emotional times.

Not 'omg, I broke a nail' type emotions, but more 'someone just died', 'we just had a baby', 'I feel so betrayed' sort of thing..

• ...When they're sad? :D

I don't see a problem with men crying if something really bad happened, but it's honestly heartbreaking to hear them sob. :s