Your guys' opinions on this?

It seems like a lot of guys, mostly on here I guess, don't seen to be in favor of piercings. A lot of my guy friends are and stuff, but is it jist a personal taste, or does it give vibes or what? Haha. And gauges? Even if they are big?

I have size 10 gauges, my helix on both ears, a tragus on my left, and a snug on my right. And I want to do hips maybe.

I mean, I love mie and don't think it's too much.

But what are your general thoughts?

I mean, when people have a lot, it can be a little much. But with just a few, I don't see it as a big deal

Most Helpful Guy

• While tattoos and body piercings have become a lot more mainstream, it's STILL true that having a bunch of them, or certain types (gauges in the ears, for example) is still an indicator of an "alternative lifestyle." I know you realize that many people find such piercings distasteful and uncouth, especially when you have a lot of them, and by getting them anyway, you are intentionally separating yourself from the mainstream and associating yourself with a relatively small group of other people who are actively into those piercings.

And that's completely fine, as long as you accept that most mainstream people aren't going to be enthusiastic about getting to know you.

If I dressed like, say, a biker, I would expect other bikers to accept me fairly easily, but would also expect that most of society would do their best to avoid me. You could say the same if I dressed like a policeman too, though it wouldn't be as off-putting to everyone (but many people would be much more passionate about their dislike!).

Your piercings and your entire image are a reflection of your lifestyle, your values, and your associations. It's like having a sign for a business: one look at a sign, and you can usually figure out what they sell. Same kind of thing here.

No one is saying that you can't get all the piercings you want, but you have to know going in that they WILL impose limits and restrictions on you, and you have to accept those as part of the price of getting the piercings.

What Guys Said 5

• Personal opinion: like/indifferent to tragus piercing, dislike the gauges, indifferent to snug, dislike hip piercings. Theses are pretty casual dislike though like not deal breakers.

These kind of piercings indicate a certain kind of culture that at least in my experience is associated with heavy metal obsessed slackers who really like weed. I don't personally like those associations so I avoid those types of piercings and looks, but I have no problem with people who do. There are also degrees of this lifestyle that doesn't depend on the number of piercings. My brother was more into this stereotype 2 years ago. Has kept the piercings and music tastes but isn't so much of a slacker and has cut down on the pot.

In conclusion some people really like these piercings and others don't both are valid so do what you like.

• I dislike piercings. Also I have no idea what size 10 means as well as the rest of your piercing mumbo jumbo but I'm gonna say its ugly.

• I do not like piercings on girls (except ears) but I would date a girl with some piercings.

• Ears are not so bad...but I want a woman..not a gd Christmas Tree...or walking Jewelry Display..o.O

• I just like regular ones.

What Girls Said 4

• On piercings in general, I think they're pretty cool, but I'd never do it myself. I don't think they're a big deal. Personally, I wouldn't judge a person based on the number of piercings they have, however it does tend to give off a rebellious/badass kind of vibe to others.

• Well the guys I know that are OK with it have female friends with it or usually are the skater/rocker type so I guess they're use to it

• Yikes!

• What she said^^