Have you ever fallen for someone online?

Did he or she connect with you on another level or was it simply the feeling of lust? Did you meet them in real life? How long did you last? Online dating has always interested me. How do you convey your feelings of love? Oh, also when did you realized that you would never be together if you did not meet?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have a friend that was online dating and he met this girl that turned out to be his soul-mate. Yes, they fell in love with each other and got married. They chatted online for a few months then decided to meet each other in at a public restaurant which turned out to be a very exciting and romantic evening. They been married now for 5 years and still going strong. They have a cute little girl and they're a happy family. I guess meeting somebody online genuine, honest and real can have it's same effect on anybody. Meeting someone from the heart and soul prior to meeting them in person gives a lot room to really get to know that person on the inside to whether their intentions are of lust or friendship. If they are patient to take the steps and wait for the best then they can become bless to have the person of their dreams.

What Guys Said 4

• No.

You never know who really are those people behind the screen, unless you have met them in person.

Only once I arranged a meeting with a girl I met online, and the first thoughts which appeared in my mind seeing her the first time in person were: "Phew - she's actually real"

• It's good that she didn't end up being some gnarly dude trying to kidnap you... Otherwise someone would of gotten kicked in the face lol

• Yeap, on this website actually, but she much too far for me to ever go after

• what was the distance between you guys?

• First off, she don't like me, second she probobly wouldn't want to meet up and lastly I have traveled all over but I'm broke at the moment

• lol, okay dude. If it was mutual I could see you going there, but it's a good call not to go since she doesn't like you. Australia is still a pretty cool place to visit though.

• I moved 900+ miles for someone online

• Fallen for someone online? Nope.

What Girls Said 3

• I met a guy online, but it was on a forum rather than a dating website. We got pretty close... we chatted every day, sent letters back and forth, etc. I think the main reason we connected was we shared a sense of humor lol. That boy could crack me up. We talked for 3 years before we lost touch. I did want to meet him in person, though.

• No, but I've friends who have, I did like someone but a lot but I never was "in love", I just liked him as a friend, unfortunately that wasn't how he felt, we did meet IRL yes, even though he was actually from a different country too.

I think that if you don't meet then I don't think the relationship can last, I think physical contact is important (I don't mean anything physical as in sex or whatever, that's not what I mean) just beign around each other etc, that sort of thing.

Absence does not make the heart grow fonder, long distance relationships very rarely work out.

• I could see why distance without physical interference wouldn't last :/

• Yes, I've fallen for someone online.

I was physically attracted to him but he also became one of my best friends. I could talk to him about anything & he cared so much.

We've never met.

We "had a thing" for 9 months. Basically tons of texting, emails, etc.

We conveyed our feelings by talking about them, caring about each other, etc.

The whole time we knew we'd never be together...but we enjoyed each other in our lives too much to stop contact. We're just friends now & talk less but still often. A few things have changed but he's still a great friend.

• it's awesome that you guys stayed friends =]

• But why did you never meet? Sorry no offence but I don't understand that if you really care for each other.

• i live on the east coast and he on the west coast. there's no way either of us could afford a trip like that. and he wasn't interested in a relationship anyways.