Why does he look at me, but never approaches?

There is this guy that I go to school with that I've liked for sometime. At first I never really liked him (as a crush) because at the time I liked someone else but everyday in the same spot of the same hallway we'd pass each other and I'd look at him because I thought he was cute and as we'd pass he'd be looking at me with a smile on his face, after we'd pass I'd smile just knowing that he probably thought the same thing as me. But even though I already liked someone else I felt something for him. This wasn't the only time we passed almost everyday on the way to 2nd period we'd pass each other twice in the same passing period. I soon started liking him because I always smile when I think of him and he always seems happy. Considering that we've never spoken and since it was first semester I had no (daily) classes with him, the only class we had together was advisory which was like 5 times a year. Every time we had that class we'd look at each other at the same time (because I failed an attempt to glance at him without him seeing) and every time he looked at me I felt something as if I could see in his eyes that he liked me because it feels so weird when we'd make eye contact and instead of him looking away ASAP he would hold my gaze until I looked away. When second semester started he was switched to my 5th period English honors class, on the first day of second semester I walked into my class and I saw him sitting at a desk he looked at me like he couldn't believe I was in that class. I felt as if it was too good to be true. Almost everyday our strange encounter would occur, but one day I found out he had a girlfriend. What confused me was I never saw him with her I only knew because I saw them holding hands, when he'd see me in the hallway he'd distance himself from her until one day they broke up. But then in about may he had another one and she didn't go to our school so I didn't see anything, and after a few weeks time they broke up. But what was weird was he always showed interest in me considering he was dating someone. I still wonder why he never talks to me I see him all the time talking to girls but he never seems to approach me. From my POV would you think he likes me? And why is it he never approaches?

What Guys Said 1

• He might not approach because he's unsure what to say...

What Girls Said 1

• I have the exact same problem as you! Haha, anyways, from what you're describing I would say he likes you. And while you're asking why he ever approaches, he's probably wondering the same thing about you. He's probably just waiting for you to make the first move.