Is it pssible that he's doing these things and doesn't like me?

Me and my best friend, who is a guy, let's call him Mike, are very open. I used to really SUPER like him (probably stopped about 6 months ago), and in the process we got to know each other very well. He knows that I liked him, and when it comes up, I just kinda talk about it nonchalantly. He is also just a huge flirt in general, and so I used to get frustrated all the time because he would do these things that would make me think he was changing his mind about me or something even though he didn't like me.

WELL. We're past that stage. And now he's in the armed forces, and just finished with boot camp stuff and he's at school for his branch for the thing he's specifically doing, and he has his phone back and we've been talking a lot. And he's called me three times in ten days, I haven't called him, and we've talked on the phone for 30-45 minutes. And he's said he really likes talking to me and asks if he can call me again. And when he found out I had kinda researched the school he was at and knew all of the info, and that I had researched it because I worry about him, he said "You are too cute. :)" And he always tells me to admit, I'm infatuated with him. I might as well just admit that I'm in love with him. Jokingly, of course. And when we were on the phone, he said he missed me (in a serious tone) 3 times. And he's going to invite me to his formal armed forces event as his date. And he tells me I'm beautiful, and we cuddle when he's in town, just Because he's a cuddle guy haha. And he says he's going to drive down to see me when I go to college and my college is 6 hours from him. And he's trying really hard to find a ride back home before I leave for college so he can see me. And.. I don't know. It just feels very couple-y. And I don't know how I feel about that!

But I guess my question after all of that is, Is there any way that he's just being his normal flirt self, and that he doesn't like me?

I haven't exaggerated any facts, and I've presented this as honestly as I can. And I really don't care about the outcome I guess. I just want to know what you guys think. Thank you!

What Guys Said 1

• Yeah, I think he might just be being himself...

• Ok. That's what I'm thinking and that's what I keep telling myself. It's just weird because he's never been this consistent with talking to me and making sure he has time to talk to me.. And I definitely didn't become any more interesting than usual. It's just kinda throwing me off. Today he called and had to get off the phone after 6 minutes, and he said "Sorry for all these sporadic short phone calls but I just call you whenever I can." He never used to do that! But I guess I'll just take it!

What Girls Said 1

• Well... I know what you're dealing with! I had exactly the same experience with you but the guy was a total ass till the very end! When I got over him and he realized it he did everything he could to make me pay attention to him. Not only with words but with his actions as well! In the past he totally played with my feelings and I was really hurt because we were supposed to be friends and have at least some respect for each other!

But in your case... I'm 80% sure it's different! If he didn't care for you he wouldn't even bother calling you after such a long time away! Either way you are not just anybody for him! I recommend though, still to be careful and let him make the first move if he likes you, just in case he wants to boost up his ego!

• hmmm. Yeah, this is a little different because he's definitely not a jerk right now, probably could've been considered one around the time I liked him.. But I don't know, I'm not like, HEY LETS GO OUT but I just am kinda like...why this change all of a sudden?