I thought she didn't like me, but she said something to make me second guess myself...

I've known this girl for about 3 years. About 4 months ago, I started to like her more than just a friend. She flirted with me and we always had a good time. When I finally told her I like her, she said she didn't want to ruin our friendship. I took that as her way of saying no. We still hang out a lot and have movie nights and things like that with just the two of us.

Tonight we decided to go for a walk around 11pm and we were still doing our flirting thing. She all of a sudden got serious and said "I'm my self around you. I'm different around other people". I had no idea what to say, so I just said "that's good" and kept walking.

I'm not really sure what that meant. I still like her a lot. So I'm thinking maybe I'm reading too much in to this. Unless she does like me and the possibility of ruining our friendship is stopping her. I could use some help. Thanks.

Most Helpful Girl

• I can see how this would be confusing :( it's a sucky situation. Maybe try bringing up the idea of you two dating again and ask her why she's afraid of getting into that situation witth you when it could potentially be really good. Sometimes people are just afraid of change.

• That's a good idea, I'm gonna have to bring it up with her. Just have to pick a good time. Thanks

• No worries, good luck I hope it goes well.

What Girls Said 2

• I say that to my close friends and my family members sometimes.

It just means she enjoys the momment and comfortableness you guys have with each other.

• Oh... Just relax... I think she does like u, but maybe she still doesn't know that its love she feels. Give her time. The most important thing is that she admitted that she feels like herself around u. Trust me... That's the MOST IMPORTANT THING for a stable relationship. Nothing else matters. Gool luck!

What Guys Said 1

• One thing is certain: you won't find out if you don't bring back up that sentence. So here is my suggestion: play with open cards. Ask her out for another walk, start in the usual way and when you feel the time is right, you should say something like:

You: "Hey listen, the other time, you said that you can only be yourself around me. What did you really meant with it?"

Her: "You know, just like you said it."

*Stop walking, start looking her in her eyes and approach her slightly.*

You: " We've known each other for over 3 years now and I feel safe to say that I feel more than comfortable when you're around. To be honest, I like you more than you could possibly imagine, more than anything in the world. My feelings are difficult to describe with words but I think you know what I'm talking: I think I love you.

Feel free to make adjustments here and there, but you get the general idea.

Now, I see three possible outcomes: the yes, the maybe and the no

Option one (probability:30%): The two of you start kissing passionately for several minutes and then continue walking along the street hand in hand. You engage in a relationship with her and live happily ever after. Plus my reply gets selected as "Best Answer". Everybody happy:-)

Option 2 (probability: 55%): She still only sees you as a very good friend. In other words you are Friendzoned. At this point, you need to come to terms with her choice in order to obtain your current understanding with her: your feelings need to diminish and you'll have to start looking for another girl.

Option 3 (probability: 15%): She'll start yelling at you or simply runs away. Your current understanding is doomed and you'll find yourself removed as a Facebook friend very shortly. Again, respect and professionalism is key here. This answer will get thumbs down.

Anyway, I wish you best of luck with this issue and I hope everything turns out well!

PS: The most important thing is that you actually take action! It doesn't necessary has to go the way described above.

• you really put a lot in to this. hopefully the last one doesn't happen. I would way rather be friend zoned than not have her in my life. Thanks for the input.