Guys, what would you think if a girl asked you this?

I'm interested in a guy, but I have no clue if he is interested in me. I don't even know if he has a girlfriend. So I thought of just straightforwardly asking him if he has a girlfriend.

How would you react if a girl asked you that? would it make you see her in a more girlfriend-ish kind of way? As in, a possible love interest?

What if she's a few years younger? Would that make a difference?

Most Helpful Guy

• Nothing wrong with that. In fact many guys would take that as presumption you are interested in them.

As for age, depends, as you are under 18 many older guys might be uncomfortable with dating a minor, especially the ones over 21. Legal issues abound too. Otherise, say a 21yo woman asking a 25 or 30yo man would probably not be a problem.

Make sure you ask him all flirty and with enthusiasm, between that and the asking itself, you should get the message across to him.

What Guys Said 7

• Well given your age, I'm not sure he'll take the hint, but most older guys would immediately think that the girl asking me wants to date me hence the reason she is asking. The only difference would be if we are friends and she was just asking out of curiosity because it came up in conversation.

• You can always do that, but, I'd probably just ask a mutual friend to find out for you. If you know a guy friend of his, ask him if he has a GF, if he thinks his friend likes you, etc.

• I would take it to mean either her or one of her friends that knows me wants to know if I'm single. The girl is probably interested in me, and want to know if she has a chance...

• Well after you ask him that he is going to wonder if you want to be his gf.

And would the moment be right if that happened?

That's what you have to ask yourself. If yes, go for it.

• Straight up asking him would be fine if you don't know any of his close friends.

• Yeah you can ask him that, just say "so you seeing anyone".

• Well if you ask him that his first thought will be that you like him. It also depends how young. To him you could be either a nice girl who likes him or just some dumb little teen who has a crush on a older man.

What Girls Said 0