Should I tone it done or no?

This guy that I reeeaaallly like lives 2 hours away and I'm pretty sure he likes me too. We talk at least once a day, but I'm worried that sometimes I come on too strong. For example, I'll make jokes about getting married and having kids haha. Or I'll act as if he's mine, even when he's not. I don't get jealous about other girls or expect him to not talk to other girls though. I'll also remind him every once in a while how much I like him etc. I'm just worried I might scare him off. But he's stuck around for a while, (since I was 12) so I guess I probably would of scared him off by now. The other thing that bothers me is that he doesn't chase me. he's just not that type of guy. I guess I just expect him to , because not to be cocky but I'm quite a bit better looking than him.

Most Helpful Guy

• yeah, tone it down.

What Guys Said 2

• Yeah you might be scaring him by already talking about marriage and kids and you haven't gone on a date. Maybe not scare him out of town but it would make him reluctant to make the first move.

• Married/kids might be a bit far. Sounds like he's not going to get the hint or make the first move so it's up to you..

• Well I've asked him if he realizes that I'm just messing around about the kids thing, and he said of ccourse I know.

What Girls Said 1

• You don't need to be joking about commitments because commitments aren't meant to be joked about and you don't need to be testing the waters or jumping to the end.

Don't worry about it coming off as too strong, just don't do it for the reason I stated above. :) Also, by doing what you're doing, you're giving him a certain security that he hasn't earnt yet. He hasn't even tried to court you yet. Sorry, old word.

Why give him the security that you're his when technically, you're not? :/ He's getting too much satisfaction and you don't know if he wants that kind of attention either. If you want to see if he's interested in you, tone it down a little and see if he reciprocates, if not, he's not interested, at least not interested enough to do something / take a step into making it work. A guy *will* chase a girl if he really likes her enough to man up, do what is needed, to get her, and make the relationship work.