How to quit acting defensive around a guy I like?

this coworker acts like a kid in grade school with me, he mocks what I say, makes fun of expressions I make, and tries to come up with things to say to me when I'm not even talking to him. Sometimes he says he is getting sick of my shxx, when I Haven't done anything. We were getting along really good (as coworkers) for quite a while, being nice to each other. But when he comes in the door and tries to start things with me, my guard goes up, all I really want to do is be nice to him and give him a hug! But I can't because my guard is up. How do I drop my guard when he plays like he does?

Most Helpful Guy

• Think of him as a schoolboy. He is trying to get a reaction out of you, and thinks he's being funny and playful. Schoolboys can be annoying, attention-seeking monsters at times, and need to be ignored if you want them to change their behavior al patterns.

A spell on the Naughty Step might not be the worst idea.

What Guys Said 1

• FInd what triggers your reaction.

What Girls Said 1

• Well you obviously like how he messes with you. So relax, but to me (and I have been in literally the same situation) that sounds like a tad to much 'guy drama' like my previous coworker used to totally piss me off, all the while, I kinda enjoyed it, who wouldn't. But if you really do like him, than every time he freaks you out think to yourself, "I like this. Don't piss him off so that he won't talk to me." Reminding yourself to relax really will help. And maybe take a deep breath.