Found a guy that should be perfect for me but I'm not attracted to him whatsoever , what's up?

pretty much he likes the exact same stuff as me (movies, music and overall interests) and has the same personality as me and we get along grea. he's also fiesty and opinionated which I really like in a person. he's smart and is understanding. he's also straightforward and honest

the problem is that he's not attractive, I mean I don't find him attractive at all and I would not want to date him but the more I get to know him, I know that I would have a great time with him and we'd get along perfectly. he's 3 years older than me bit I just can't get myself to like him more than a friend (not that I wanna) but this situation bugs me

Most Helpful Girl

• I have heard of people who are not attracted at first developing a good relationship in the long run, but if you are not looking for THE ONE right now, I would say you can't MAKE yourself be attracted to him.

Maybe you could TRY dating him, but you might risk hurting him if you eventually found out you can't stay.

Also, maybe you find him too predictable because he is too much like you and you need or want someone who is more different to you in at least some ways so you can expand your horizons and try new things.

What Guys Said 2

• lol. Yep physical attraction and sexual tension are important for both sexes. At least you are kind of admitting it. =P

• If you're not attracted to him, then that's that.

What Girls Said 4

• Who wants to date their personality twin? Really? That's absolutely boring. You miss out on the fights, the agreements, the making up. You two could be the best of friends, but in the long run I don't think you can really have a great relationship with someone who is exactly like you. And obviously your not attracted to him, even though you know him, that's your heart saying "ya not so much..."

• how long have you known him?

like the other girls said, I guess you can friend zone him. maybe one day you'll grow to like him.

idk, but for me, there have been a couple of guys who I got along very well with because they were quite similar to myself, but I thought they were unattractive. over a while of getting to know them, I started developing feelings for them and I guess I eventually found them attractive because of their personality.

but then again, if you don't like him, then you don't like him. you can't force your feelings either.

• You don't want to like him, that's what's up. If you were open to liking his looks, you'd realize that when you like a persons personality and character so much, you're attracted to him and you'll also realize your attraction to his looks will increase.

If you don't want him there's no point wondering what's up. What is up? Is it that you're ashamed of how he looks maybe? There's got to be a strong factor as to why you're rejecting him because of his looks.

• That's what the friend zone is for