What should I do in this situation?

So I have been with my boyfriend for almost 5 years now, and I just have not been happy in our relationship lately. I live with him and maybe that's why the situation is how it is, but I still don't think it's right. Before I explain, I want to point out that I have NO friends what so ever. So here's the thing. He went to Comic Con in Chicago not that long ago and I REALLY wanted to go, but he said I couldn't come because it was a guys thing and that since him and his best friend would be sharing a hotel room, it would be awkward. I told him, I don't care I would go do my own thing if I went, but he still wouldn't allow it. And just to make sure you understand, I tried convincing him since before he even bought their tickets, and all throughout everything, it was still a no. So now he's saying that I'm coming next year, and I even asked him again to make sure. But I also asked if it was gonna be just me and him, and he said his best friends going again too. And when I asked him that, he made a huge deal about it just like he did the whole time I was trying to convince him for me to come this year. I don't know, for some reason it makes him upset that I ask. So now it's time for Gen Con and me and him were there today but we didn't get to buy anything because we don't get paid til tomorrow. But now guess who gets to go with us tomorrow? His best friend! I just feel awful cause how he talked to me about me not being able to go to comic con and he doesn't even have the balls to tell his friend 'it's just me and my girlfriend's thing, you can't come, it would be awkward'. I'm sorry, but I can't talk to him about it, because when I try to, he gets mad at me. I'm sick of crying about this all the time, but what am I supposed to do? I can't talk to him about it. What should I do? Please help.

Most Helpful Girl

• @So here's the thing. He went to Comic Con in Chicago not that long ago and I REALLY wanted to go, but he said I couldn't come because it was a guys thing and that since him and his best friend would be sharing a hotel room, it would be awkward. I told him, I don't care I would go do my own thing if I went, but he still wouldn't allow it. And just to make sure you understand, I tried convincing him since before he even bought their tickets, and all throughout everything, it was still a no.

Next time boyfriend, or no boyfriend, buy your own tickets. go yourself.

no one has a right to tell you what you can and can not do. he doesn't own the place. you go if you want. iys not about you trying to convince him, just do what you want,.what's with all the asking. just do it.

Dump the bf.. he does not respect you. & it seem,s, when you're with him, you don't respect you either.

if you can't talk to your partner, about concerns, its not a relationship. you can't express yourself, then you're being treated like an object. he's just manipulating u. & your letting him.

if he cared about u, he'd listen, instead of getting angry. if you cared about u, ud stop trying to get him to let you 'talk', or do anything, & walk away.

just dump him. he's a complete ass.

What Guys Said 1

• If you can't talk with him, just leave it alone then.

What Girls Said 1

• If comic con arrangements are the biggest worry in your relationship, get married already