So many rules and expectations of us guys nowadays. Agree?

I am starting to think that women's expectations from men these days is getting out of hand. divorce rate is at an all time high. comments?

Most Helpful Girl

• It can get out of hand when people like to expect things from others because they can't/don't want to do it themselves. If people corrected and disciplined their children, taught them their roles with words AND ACTIONS (lead by example), we wouldn't need this extra hype about expectations and uncertainty.

This thing about fair share / equality / no gender roles (or at least some aspects of it) nowadays (or to the extremes of making everything "even"), if they split it up and it works, certain jobs for the male and certain jobs for the females, why fix something that isn't broken? Everyone has a different role in life yet we have certain general roles and we don't seem to have problems with those responsibilities so why do we have such a huge problem with general male and female roles? Who is able to teach someone better? People who have done it a certain way for several generations or the generations that change it up? I'd say the pattern is a safer option. Now if we stuck to it, we wouldn't care about expectations, we'd care about responsibilties and before we bark up the wrong tree, we'd make sure we pulled our own weight, made sure we've completed our own responsibilities, then only can we talk/correct lazy people.

What Girls Said 7

• So many rules and expectations of us guys now days. Agree?

I agree no different than there are so many rules and expectations of gals nowadays as society as evolved and relaitonships seem to have more rules and criteria for both genders.

Comments?

I highly doubt that gal's expectations from guys are getting out of hand rather than many guys are unaccustomed to gals having expectations beyond nice and has a job are as in past times which are often idealized by guys they simply had to be half-decent and have a job to be considered a catch.

• Womens expectations are no more or less then what men expect. I have read and heard men complain and whine about how they are not able to find a decent honest woman how is a nice lady, yet because she does not have the prefect brittany style body she is dumped for having extra pounds on her, even though she really likes the guy. Ugghhh. Typical poor me guy complaints, yet however, you expect the women to change their genetics and woop out some lets have some sensual sex with only them and yet forget about them. I don't even want to marry another man from all the crap I have gone through. Don't know what the divorce rate has to do with it.

Really, It is not like there are men who are not out there cheating and pretending like they are not available while the girl is wasting their life waiting for them. Give me a break.

• Yeah, and all you guys want is a girl who never has drama and has the face of an angel and the body of a super model.

• I think womens expactations haven't really changed over the years, if anythinge they have become less. What in particular have you been thinking about?

And ya I agree with the others a lot of guys have incredibbly high expectations too.

Anyways, I don't necessarily think it's bad to have high expectations when it come to marrying someone. I think the rather high divorce is because people don't expect enough from their partners. i.e a lot of my friends have been with guys for 4,5 or 6 months and those guys never introduced them as their "girlfriend" and if he doesn't even do that or takes real long for that and you go ahead and marry him, that marriage is doomed to fail

• Honestly if I get married it be for my daughter. I just want some that wants to love me and want to be w me. Marriage I can take it or leave it. I don't want a divorce.

• Only because in the past, divorce wasn't an option, and women had to choose a man who could provide for her since she couldn't provide for herself. Imagine being forced to marry a woman you didn't like or find attractive simply because she had a good job to pay for you. You would have to be more attractive than her or she wouldn't marry you. And then imagine you having to obey her every order, put up with beatings from time to time, AND she was probably out cheating on you. You were at home, faithful, taking care of the house, and unable to divorce someone you didn't even like anyway.

Fast forward to 2012, of course it seems like we have higher expectations now. So do men. Divorce rates are only higher because divorce wasn't allowed before. Both people are now being held accountable (especially the men) for being unloving, unfaithful, complacent partners.

• Divorce wasn't offered in the past and I think the fact that people today have a choice to get married or not helps. I think rules back then were almost the same as they were today.

What Guys Said 1

• a real man has his own rules and every chick plays by his rules.

now, if you're a whipped wimp and you don't realize how things are done, then I agree - you have a big problem.