Cold to people they care about?

Is there any one who knows or is cold to people they like and care about? If so, why? I don't get it if they know others like them and care for them as well.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's very simple but not easily explained. I for one am the person you are talking about. I work in the medical field and see death on a daily basis. To my patients I have been told that I am a very loving a companssionate person. To my family I am cold and distant. The rub is that when I see death on a daily basis that I don't want the closeness connection with my loved ones. Simply put it's to painful to think about the pain that I will endure or they will endure at the time of a death. So I put my emotions in check when I am with my family. Not that I don't love them... but it's easier to be distant and love than to wear my heart on my sleave. God knows I've cried a million tears for others loved ones over the years when they died.. I didn't even know them prior to the 911 call. I know it doesn't make sense and I may not be articulating my position very well. But with family its easier to love and be distant than to love and know the pain that is enevitable for a initmate relationship.

• But I mean, one day you won't have them with you no more. So why not enjoy the time that you have with them?

• I had a dream not so long ago, that my mom died.

I broke my heart to pieces. I cried on my dreams and I cried when I woke up.

I realize that I won't have her forever.

I thought in my dream when I heard she died, that I never showed her how much I loved her and never told her how I appreciate everything she has done for me and my brothers.

I realized that I won't be about to see her face or talk to her when I need her the most.

• I cried my eyes out.

So I think that its better for you to show them your feelings and enjoy your time with them before they die, probably thinking that you don't care about them.

What Guys Said 3

• It absolutely makes no sense.

You can be cold to absolutely everyone else but to people you like you just must be warm-hearted towards them, if you're not then you don't like them nor you care about them.

• I know a couple, but it's just how they are.

• I can be cold because I'm trying to teach them to handle themselves or I don't want to hurt them in the future.

What Girls Said 2

• I guess I'm cold with guys I like and that like me back. It's usually hard for me to tell them how I feel and show affection to them. I don't show that much interest in them even though I'm like dying for them. I wasn't always like this but I learnd its better to be like this because when I would actually talk about what I felt and tried to be affectionate guys took advantage of that and ended up just playing around with me. I got tired of guys just playing with my feeling and saying they "loved" me when they didn't so I decided that I wouldn't let guys hurt me no more and the best way was being cold to them. That's just me though other people have other motives.

• That way you can go through your entire life without ever having to really know anybody.

• Well I'm pretty cold to people I'm comfortable with. It means I don't have to act overly polite like I do with people I don't know. I'm not like a raging bitch, but I don't fake how I feel with them. My close friends and family are totally immune to it. If that makes any sense..