Why would my crush start acting cold and calling other girls sweetheart and darling but not me?

This guy I know, he's a very sweet and helpful guy. I always catch him looking at me and whenever he sees me talking o another guy his eyes will not leave me.

Today, however he acted cold towards me and as if I'd upset him. He kept brushing me off and being blunt with me saying things like "...don't worry, don't worry" when I turned to face him after he had said something to me. He then started acting really nice to other girls, flirting with them and calling them sweetheart and darling and the whole time he did this he kept looking at me!

Most Helpful Girl

• He's annoyed (probably jealous), he's reacting in the same way it's stereotyped for girls to act when they're mad and they say things like, "nothing" in response to "what's wrong?"

He's acting out by obviously giving attention to other girls because you've hurt him.

He's being childish / doesn't know any other way to deal with this.

• try to giving your crush a hint and the next day start ignoring him,it may drive him mad

What Guys Said 3

• All I can do is guess...and where is that going to lead? nowhere but towards more questions. No one can answer this but this guy. It could be any stupid little reason.

My advice would be to just not mind every little detail. Also, if you do have a crush on this guy, what are you waiting for to just ask him out?!

• You might have a crush on him but he may not have a crush on you. Since you like him you need to either tell him or explicitly hint your intentions. Sometimes when a girl has a crush on a guy her behavior towards him changes. The change may have have him believing that you are giving him mixed signals especially because girls are notoriously know to be extremely subtle in their interest. Now he doesn't know where you stand and doesn't know how to proceed and this is shown in him being cold.

• It could be that he's trying to get you jealous.

What Girls Said 2

• to see if and how you would react.

• Do you know why he might be angry at you? My ex boyfriend always do this to me. Out of the blue he would get angry at me and brush me off when I talk to him. I always have to guess why he's suddenly angry at me. Most of the time I think is because he saw me talking to another guy.