He says he cares about me but doesn't want a relationship?

I've been dating this guy for a while now and we talk everyday and he takes me out on dates every week. We live a little distance a part but he drives here on the weekends. He definitely puts in the effort to see me and both verbally and physically tells me that he cares about me and when we aren't together he tells me how he misses me. Everything is great and I'm really beginning to fall in deep with him. I'm moving so the distance will only be about 30 minutes further which isn't that different.

Out of nowhere he informed me that he doesn't want a relationship and hearing that hit me like a ton of bricks. Why would he show and tell me how much he cares about me and go out of his way to see me but all of a sudden say he doesn't want a relationship? Practically every aspect of us is one but I don't get it... It really hurt

Most Helpful Guy

• If he says that, then maybe he's had bad experiences in the past...

What Guys Said 1

• He has a wife or another girl friend bu tstill likes to seduce you

What Girls Said 1

• hmm, that's really weird. He could have all of a sudden gotten really freaked out by the 'commitment' aspect? Or potentially met someone who lives closer...