Do you guys like it when a girl texts you first?

There is this guy I have been dating for about a month and a half.

I kind of got worried when I sent two texts first in the same week to him. He did the same as well with initiating texts. It kind of evened out.

Usually what I send is short and to the point. He always responds.

Does it really matter sending texts first if you don't over do it spread out over a couple of days?

Will probably cut back next week but yeah just don't want to come off as needy and clingy.

Most Helpful Guy

• i like it when girls text me. it makes me feel that I don't have to get their attention all the time and they actually want to talk to me. I can't tell how much I felt like I was ignored or they didn't want to talk to me because I was the only one starting the conversations

What Guys Said 10

• I don't like it when a girl texts me at all. Nor do I like texting her. Phonecall, however? Sure! That would be awesome!

• Lets him know you're thinking of him, which is always nice.

Don't overthink it though, text first when you feel like it, things will develop best if you don't get lost in your own head

• of course .. is shows us that the girl wants to keep things going >> not playing mind games and sending mixed signals

• Yes! we hate always having to make the move... It's nice to not always have to take the initiative sometimes, y'know? Makes us feel like we aren't being obnoxious pests all the time :p

• Love it, you get instant +10 points.

• I do, but don't do it too much, jut to be on the safe side.

• well when the girl I like but not dating she sends me text first this kind make me happy because its like she thinks about me too or miss me but when dating doesn't matter

• You have nothing to worry about.

• It doesn't matter. You think too much tbh. This is why texting is stupid.

• Do we like when girls text first? Of course! It shows that you're interested at least to make an effort to contact first!

What Girls Said 1

• If you're just dating do not text him first unless you absolutely have to.