Should I move out of my home town to find love?

I'm 27 and I've had a string of bad luck with men. It seems that the only men who have shown an interest in me the past few years have only been after sex (I don't understand this as I don't dress or act in a way which is stereotypically "slutty", I don't even flirt really, I have only ever slept with one person and I was in a relationship with him so its not like I have a rep) which depresses me. It seems that most of the men around my age in my area are already settled down and the ones who are single are the ones only interested in hooking up rather than a relationship. I'm considering moving out of my area because of this, the thing is I can't do this for at least two years as I'm at university and I want to graduate first. Is this a good idea? It may sound a bit desperate to some but the thing is I want to have things like a husband and children and I don't think that is going to happen if I stay where I am.

Most Helpful Guy

• The guys are already settled or only casual matches what I saw. Friends of mine either got married in early to mid 20s or they waited much longer.

Keep looking but finish university.

At that point you'll be 29 and ready to move somewhere good for your career and where there are lots of singles. Being a single woman of 29 is not unusual in big cities.

• That's what it's like in my town (I live in a small town but it's near to a city where I study at) people either settle down in their late teens/early 20s or until they're in their 30s. There is also mass unemployment in both my town and the city I study at and I know graduates who have had trouble getting a job so I'm thinking moving would be good for my career too.

What Guys Said 2

• Yeah that's what I did. Truth. I live in London now and it's way better.

• The way I see it, it's better to get your quarter-life crisis out of the way than to see your parents having mid-life crises hahaha.

• Should you move out of town? Yeah, sounds exciting.

What Girls Said 1

• I plan on moving as well. I've started a career near my home town, have evey intention of having a little adventure and checking out the states and landing somewhere new with new people in a couple years. And if there's a man who wants to help me call a new place my home, then fantastic. AND..everyone knows everyone in my age group in my town...Not into people caring who I'm with or not with...not their business.