Did I screw up by not showing interest?

I think I may have screwed up this evening.

I went over to a guy friends house to drop off something and he was all excited that I was there. He couldn't show me fast enough all the interesting things he's collected over the years in his travels, etc.

I've never seen him act like that. He's usually more reserved than that. Really caught me off guard so I kind of stayed quiet and let him talk and show me the items. I was a little taken a back by his excitement. He'd have one item in one hand and practically running to show me another item.

Now is that an indication that he likes me or just happy that someone, anyone was there?

Did I screw up should I have been more talkative? He's a nice guy and I wouldn't mind if he likes me. I just don't know now if he will because I didn't show any excitement . I feel bad now.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's always better to listen when you aren't sure what to say! He was happy to have you for an audience, clearly. Possibly he really likes you, but it's also possible he was just glad to have an audience!

But you pleased him just by listening, so you did the right thing. It sounds like he didn't really want you to respond, just listen to him.

See how he behaves the next time you see him.

What Guys Said 3

• here's what you can do. next time you see him, ask him something about those things. talk about his traveling and stuff. you still have time to show some interest but you don't need to overdo it if that's not your thing.

• dont feel bad, trust me if he likes you then you can still get with him.

• he may have just thought you really weren't interested, but you can always fix that.

What Girls Said 1

• No because if you did his behavior would have changed on the spot.

Anyway, just make sure to keep in contact with him and be friendly! :)