Is he still in love with her?

Me and my boyfriend have started looking for houses to purchase together which brought up the topic of his ex girlfriend whom he was with for 7 years (ages 18-25), they owned a townhouse together, had a joint account and everything.

I asked him why they broke up and he said "She told me she was pregnant, which she was. So I got everything ready, the room, the clothes and at 6 months she told me there was no more baby, that she had a miscarriage" He said he knew that was impossible because at 6 months something would have to be born. She then confessed she aborted the baby at 2 months and didn't tell him. While he was getting all that stuff ready she was pretending. So he left. He gave the townhouse to her, he gave up his car and he said he went through a breakdown for about 6 months.

I asked him "Do you wish you wouldn't have left?" his answer kind of upset me. He said "I wish I wouldn't have left in the sense that I had no closure, I never asked her why she did what she did"

I said "How come you two didn't get married?" He said "we never talked about it, we had a perfect relationship, we lived day by day"

I said "You had a perfect relationship" His answer was "What I mean is, it was all perfect timing. I was making good money, we both had cars, we found a townhouse for cheap, and our mortgage was a lot of money. its not like now where I'm struggling a bit more"

I told him I didn't want to have to compete with another women because for some reason every guy I have dated has always gone back to their ex. It makes me feel like I'm not good enough

He said he would never go back with her and I don't have to compete with her. That this is our life now..

I asked the question I didn't really want to know the answer too.

"Are you still in love with her"

His first response was "I don't really know how to answer that question, she was my first love so a part of me will always love her, but that's because a with a first love you don't know any better"

Does he still love her?

What Guys Said 1

• Is he still in love with her? I don't think so.

What Girls Said 1

• Your over thinking this way to much.

Based on how she treated him (aborting his baby and lieing about it for 4 months what the fukc?!) I say no he does not. He would of stayed with her not you.

He had the hopes of raising a family with her and thought for 6 months he was going to be dad.

He sounds like a stand up guy, giving her the town house and all.

He has a spot in his heart for what COULD of been but she shattered that.

He is with you and buying a house with you. She is in the past. Let it go and focus on your lives now..

Just don't get pregnant and abort the baby...

• Yeah but people date other people all the time while being in love with someone else.

I'm afraid I'll never measure up to what they had.

• You're making assumptions and generalizing.

Judging his actions towards her and the pain she caused him he would be (*&^#% stupid to go back. From a woman who has miscarried twice the pain of losing a child is horrible...let alone being with someone who purposely got rid of a child than lied about for months is unspeakable.

You don't want what they had...look at how it turned out. Don't live in the past.