How to ask if we're just friends?

I met a guy who I though was interested, he took my number and we sms'd and instant messaged bit, but I probably stuffed it up by having drunken sex before he ever asked me on a date. We then hooked up every weekend for a while. Now I still see him out but we're not hooking up anymore. I'm pretty sure he's just lost interest, but it's hard to know as he is shy. I want to know where I stand w him, because I don't want him to think I'm chasing him when I jut want to say a friendly hello, but I don't want to make a big deal of it, and it just seems awkward to message him and ask "are we just friends now". Suggestion?

OK, we were messaging today and he asked if I had any more famous people come into my store (it happens a lot), and I said yes and mentioned one famous person and said how hot he was. do you think now would be a good time to say"by the way, it's not weird if I mentioned guys is it? I assume you just want to be friends"

Most Helpful Girl

• Just explain everything you just did to him and ask him how he feels about your relationship. It's hard sometimes to put yourself out there like that but getting the answer can clear your mind and be very rewarding no matter the result because it will allow you to move on or know what steps you can now take.

• I'm just really struggling to word it right and make it casual and low drama etc!

• I know the feeling but it seems as if you've worded it perfectly up in your question. I find when I'm having trouble asking questions such as this I reverse the situation and think how I'd respond. There isn't as much drama as there are on television in real life especially when you ask personal questions. Most people take it seriously and will do their best to answer your questions, especially when it includes them.

What Guys Said 1

• That wouldn't be awkward, it's fine to use.

What Girls Said 1

• I feel that you know what you want to do and how you want to do it. You are supported how ever you choose to ask him. It'a your life, don't ask strangers to put the words in your mouth in a personal situation. You can do it girll! :)