He wants to ask me out but..

Okay I met this guy online and we started texting we started off as friends he had a girlfriend when we started talking and I respected that but she broke up with him like not even a week ago and he is like I wanna ask you out because I really like you but I want to take a break from relationships so I don't know what to do wait for him to finally do it or try to move on I mean I like him too but if he really likes me he shouldn't want to take a break from a relationship?

Most Helpful Guy

• i think he's still dealing with it so you should keep in contact but move on.

What Guys Said 2

• Who cares about the waiting thing. He was not married and as long as he was not in a terribly abusive relationship then he should be fine to date again

• well what happened is his first girlfriend broke up with him after they dated for years then he got a new one and she broke up with him after like 2 weeks tops

• It wasn't marriage so it really is no huge deal. Just date him but go slower than normal

• He needs some time to come to terms with his past relationship. Give him some time. The longer he was with her the longer it will take.

What Girls Said 1

• It seems he just wants to take a break from being in a romantic relationship for a while I mean you might be thinking he's a guy and if he really liked you he'd be on the back of your heels as of now.

Just think of it as him having self control and + you don't want to be a rebound, I would say give him exactly what he's asking for, time, and continue to do what you do.

If he "really" wants to ask you out, he'll do it, but don't wait around