Is he playing with me? it's not a joke right?

A guy friend text me to have a 3 sum with his guy friend .

I said no to him so he said

"I'm sorry about sending you that text message . It was meant as a joke and I did not mean to offend you. I regret it and will not make jokes like that again.

I think it is not a joke .

why does he say that?

does he really think I would believe what he said?

is he trolling?

Most Helpful Guy

• Your reaction here exemplifies why it is so difficult to talk to each other. You choose to get upset and angry just because of a simple question. What do you expect? That he should telepatically know the answer to every possible thing you believe and feel and only ask about things that you allready are favourable towards? "If he trully loved me, he would know"? - Bullsh*t. One knows because one asks. And as long as the question is put out in a polite manner, one also answers in a polite manner.

If he was serious or not doesn't matter here. He offered the "joke" solution so that you could save face - even if you did get upset or offended by the question. Grab it and go with it.

What Guys Said 7

• It may have been a mixture of a joke and really meaning it. If you had of said yes he may have gone through with it? He obviously thought that you wouldn't have minded a text like this, but obviously he was wrong. If he is a close friend talk to him and say that you forgive him but in order for your friendship to continue he must mean that he never ever tries that sh*t on you again. But I'm sure he got the message and won't ever send stuff like this to you again.

• He wasn't kidding. Guys like this have a tactic of going for broke.

If you said yes, he's devil threesome you easily.

You said no, so he'll play off like he wasn't serious and wait for a moment to strike when you are weak.

You're gonna get raped by this dude sooner or later if you choose to talk to him. People like this are dangerous.

• does it matter? its a convenient way out if an awkward situation for both of you. why keep grinding it in your head?

• no one can give you a certain answer .. but either ways its not a good thing to say and he apologized so either you accept and never look back or you don't accept and move on

• Sounds very common for the bastards you get in London :P

• sorry what bastard exactly mean? does it mean like an a**hole?

• The sad truth is that in most Western countries that's what clubs are like: Many men go there for the sex and lust, not the relationships ;_;

Probably a combo of him being an arse and the fact that you were in a club! :O

• yeah I've never seen those disgusting people in my life. I was kinda shocked. thanks.

• Jokes are half meant, he probably sent it like a "joke" and meant it to see if you're down to do it, but since your reaction was that you're offended, he went ahead and stick to the "it was a joke..LOL" story

• yeah I think it was just joking, weird but still

What Girls Said 4

• Hi there, there's a line in a song where the person says something like "I'm just kidding, unless you're gonna do it" lol. Basically he was testing you out to see if you'd go for it. When you said no he had no other choice but to say he was kidding. If it was just a joke then he wouldn't have waited for your answer first lol. Honestly, any guy that can even ask you that question doesn't respect you and I'd even venture to say doesn't really have deep feelings for. Most guys that are really into a girl don't want to share you with another man. Wish you the best. Run lol

• I would be very offended.

• SO what answers did you get for the same previous post ?

I would say, stay away from this guy. if he is a friend he would not have texted that to you !

• he could have just been showing off in front of his buddy and then was like "oh sh*t what did I just do?" and wanted to take it back. You know him better than we do so either he's not the kind of guy who would normally hit a girl up for a 3 some and it's believable that he didn't mean it or he's the kind of dog who so would and your reaction made him repent...

so what was your reaction anyway lol other than just "no" what did you say to him?