He said he's 22 but he looks much elder, should I believe?

I met this guy in internet we were talking one month, he had great photos and I really liked him .

He lives near my city so we decided to meet, but I was disappointed because he looks much elder than in photos.. and he said he is 22 but I would give him even 35,

As he says he's 22 I may hurt him saying that he looks elder? or maybe I shouldn't believe him? :(

What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's almost certain he actually is around 35.

People lie on the Net all the time, while Photoshipping pictures takes some effort, telling a flat-out lie about the age takes no effort.

Also putting an old picture is very common, even very, very old - years old. Nobody on the Net could tell anything.

Take a look at his documents, a passport or a driver's licence or Google information about him if there is any published.

You have good reasons to feel suspicious. Feel no guilt in finding stuff out.

But most likely you don't want to date him anyway, as he's old and probably unattractive or less attractive to you than he seemed to be, and lies is not the best way how to start anything...

• thanks;) I felt really sad after meeting him, because I really started liking him much while talking this month , and on photos he looked so great, really and slim. In reality he is a little underweight and look old .. I felt really betrayed , I think I will better meet boys in real only.

• That's what I keep sayin.

Meet people in real life, as the Net is good only for finding the necessary information, but not for dating.

What Guys Said 5

• A very good chance he showed you older pictures of himself and lied to you. Just meeting him offline, I would be skeptical if he looks much older.

• Haha I had that happen once. The guy said he was 35 but when we met he was at least 50. Made for a very awkward time especially as I was only 27.

• Sometimes people look older than they are. I'm 28 but have the misfortune of looking around 40-45. It was great looking older when I was in high school and college, but as an adult it's not as much fun.

• ask for his driving license

• Is there a link for the photo please

• I think if it made that big of an impression with you, and especially since this sort of stuff is so often lied about online, you shouldn't believe it.

What Girls Said 1

• Very few people on the internet are honest about anything. That's why you always google people to check them out.