I adore him, but he's very unreliable..

In person he's lovely, he says he likes being with me and that he's in love with me. But then when I'm away from him he sucks at texting, 2hr late responses, and he is the worse plan maker I have ever met.

I want a guy who can just come over at night as a surprise and stay until 10pm, but he's always leaving really soon too.

What can I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• Have you mentioned what you'd like from him? If you don't say anything he's going to assume nothing is wrong. You don't have to make it a big deal or anything, but casually mention sometime that you'd like to spend more time together when you do see each other, and you'd really appreciate it if he texted you sometimes. If he doesn't get the hint then be more direct, and if there's still no effort to change then maybe he's not for you.

What Guys Said 7

• 2hr late responses ? you never know why, and maybe he leaves because he has something to do or just got bored, and nobody surprises someone at their home, that's just rude.

• People are people, you can dump him and move on.. Basically it, changing people doesn't work.

• You should listen to and or read the lyrics to the song "try to survive" by Chimiara, it sort offff, fits this question

• get somone else? if it takes that long for a reply and he isn't willing to put enough effort to make plans for you is he really worth wasting your time?

• when a guy does that he is labelled as overly attached boyfriend,clingy,not giving enough space

stalker,what not ?

• If he's unreliable, then you have to back off until he changes.

• Maybe realize that he has a life of his own with responsibilities and all?

Also that texting costs money, and you can't just lay around randomly anywhere whereever you want with no curfews whatsoever when you're under 18?

Maybe grow a sense of empathy and some common sense, and actually get to know him and not just have him around to surprise you at night when you're bored, that could help in understanding your current boyfriend.

What Girls Said 1

• Talk to him about it. Maybe he has some good reasons why he responds late. If he's not that great at making plans, maybe you can make a few and show him what you like. It could be he doesn't know it'd be cool for him to stay late, or perhaps he can't for some reason. Just communicate.