Girls, have you ever had to pay for the first date?

last night I took a hot chic out and made her pick up the bill for both of us. she makes way more money than me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, even though I understand your train of thought and your financial concerns, I don't agree with your decision.

In my opinion, security is very important. I am not talking about security in a financial way either, I am talking about a willingness to protect and take care of her. If she feels that your best interests are not coming from a point of view of looking out for her, she isn't going to be interested in taking things much further. You might not be able to see how these relate to each other, but a willingness is a gesture of caring, and thought...it's a principle.

Another thing is just because she makes more money, she should make the decision to pay because she wants to and is more likely to if she feels that you are genuine and cares for you in response. She shouldn't have to just because she you brought it to her attention and she felt she couldn't refuse. Besides, if you put her as your first concern instead of yourself, she will almost definitely put you as her first concern in response. It takes effort though...!

I know this is the 21st century and I am talking old fashioned, but how a woman feels when it comes to being protected and genuinely cared for is not old fashioned. We will always want that whether we are independent or not. Genuiness and the principle of things is not overrated!

What Girls Said 4

• This is a joke right... Or you won't be getting that second date? How do you ask someone out and make them pay...

• Did she ask you out? If so then there is nothing wrong with her paying. In fact the person who does the asking should be the one that pays for the first date no matter who makes more. So if you asked her out then you are just a douche bag.

• nope. Even though that woman makes more money than you its not very nice of you, you're nowhere near being a gentleman towards her. Unless you're into her just for her money.

• I've never paid for a date, But your referring to a first date or you kidding me lol . If you can't afford to even pay for a first date why even bother taking her out. It's OK if the woman will help on other dates , But the first date a man should pay . Be a gentlemen , That's your time to impress her . By making her pay wouldn't sit well with me , And trust me they're a lot of other men who would be willing to pay for the 1st date.

What Guys Said 2

• First dates you should pay if you initiated. If its a blind date or something then split, I guess? I don't know the etiquette for that. At worst you should meet halfway.

• So you got a free dinner, don't expect to see her again.