Is it a date or just friends?

If your girlfriend said she was going to the theatre with a male friend that she used to work with, would you consider that a date ? Would you say anything or just let her go ?

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmmm, that's kind of a tough one. Personally, I wouldn't do it even if I wasn't into him like that at all. Especially if it would make the person I'm with uncomfortable. I don't think you should "stop" her but I do think you should tell her exactly how it makes you feel.

What Girls Said 8

• If you trust her completely and she trusts you then let her go and be there when she gets home with open arms. If you show jealousy it may just make you or her do or say something you both regret. Not saying that would happen but jealousy can get ugly.

If you suspect anything between them more than friendship, follow your gut instinct. Normally its right. But I find always saying what's on your mind is the best action if you have a lot on it.

• Was gonna say its a little weird but then got to thinking. We don't exactly have a very vibrant theatre scene where I live but we do have a very vibrant pub scene and there's been manys the time I've met one of my friends for a drink(or two). Is she into theatre? Are you? Maybe its something the friend wanted to see and she showed an interest in it so they're going together. She's told you so she's obviously got nothing to hide.

• it may not be anything for her. for him, maybe different. I think going out for a cup of tea/coffee means someting to guys.

• I honestly have no idea! me and a guy friend recently went to the movies together and it kinda felt like a date though no one said it was... lol it just depends on their level of attraction to one another. but if she already has you I doubt it's a date. but you need to be open with her and tell her that she can do what she wants but it makes her uncomfortable that you guys are going to the movies alone

• Well it may not mean anything to her she may just be reading the signs wrong but I'm sure to him it's a date be careful he may try to break you 2 up talk to her and tell her if you don't want her to go and why you don't want her to go I'm sure she will understand

• date

• It's a date

• Date

What Guys Said 6

• I wouldn't say anything and let her go. I trust my girlfriend so have no problems with her having male friends.

• Hmm probably date.

• i'd say its a date and she'd argue nah they're just friends but I know what the guy's thinking cause I'm a guy so yeah I'd say something about it :)

• just friends, she's honest enough to tell you what their plan was, so just let her have fun

• Yes is sure is a date

• Yes it is a date