How do you know when someone is right for you?

How can you know when your dating someone if that person is right for you ?

Most Helpful Girl

• let me start off by saying I do not believe in "the perfect one" or some perfect formula or prince(ss) charming. you will never find your soul mate if you expect EVERYTHING to be perfect. I do not believe we have one mate out there and everyone else in the world is the wrong one.

to me "right for you" means it is somebody you are happy with, that it makes sense to be with and you can have a future together potentially. here are some things to consider!

1) If it ISN'T right you will know!

when something is wrong or you should not be with the person you know it in your gut. you get this bad feeling that rests there and it won't go away permanently. maybe you only feel it when you are away from the person. but your instinct tells you a lot more than you would think. I dated a guy who was wrong for me and I felt sick and unhappy half the time when I was alone..because my gut was telling me to get out but I ignored it. so if you don't have a general bad feeling about him/her that's the first good sign

2)you have a general sense of happiness when you think about the person. you don't get pangs of worry or doubt when you are away from him/her

3) you think that overall your friends/family would approve

4) you are compatible. culturally/religiously there are no problems.

5) you feel an attraction for the person. he or she doesn't have to be a ten but you feel sexually attracted and doing things sexually excites you with him/her

6) you don't feel that you have to hide him or her. if you are reluctant to show or talk about the person there is a problem

7) you are the right ages and stages. people have different views on age gaps but depending on where both of you are I do think there is a problem if the stages in life and/or age gap is too large.

8) you can also be friends. you feel comfortable sharing things and talking and opening up to each other

9) you feel that you can be yourself around the person

10) you feel respected and he/she treats you with respect

11) Trust! This kind of goes back to one but if I catch a guy in a lie (subjective but I caught a guy lying about where he went to school and where he lived, those are problems) I can't trust him and if you can't trust someone you know it.

12) you can envision a future together

hope I helped.

What Girls Said 9

• When you totally feel comfortable with that person. You long for them, you wanna see them and you see a future together. Most importantly: you trust them. Sometimes you get a feeling in your gut that tells you not to trust them.

When you can be completely yourself with them, they love you how you are and they know you, you know them all the way through. You accept each other with flaws and bad things.

• If you question it probably not right for you. If everyone hates them you might want to rethink it. If it's healthy it's right for you. If you can't live without them right for you. If they make you a better person right for you. If it's effortless they are right for you.

• You will feel it when you meet that person. If you're able to completely trust them and be yourself around them. If you have no single doubt about being with them. Things between you and them just flow naturally.

• When you see them, you see home. You get this feel of just comfort and saftey. They are the person you can't imagine your life without, try and picture your life without this person. Can't see it? Then they are the one for you.

• It's one of the things you just know... When you don't want that person to ever leave your life and they make you happpy and most importantly you want them to be happy and you love it when they smile :) I can go on like this forever :D

• when you can actually literally see yourself putting up with all their issues and no issue wuld be a deal breaker for you. you love them no matter what. AND IF THEY FEEL TH SAME WAY

• When you're willing to share everything with this person even personal stuff. That's how I fell in love for the first time. It just has to feel right. You'll know.

• it's just a feeling.

• It feels right , You like being with them or just around them . You know it's right when you do the same thing with the other girls , But with her it's more special and fun. When she makes you laugh or smile like no other , And when you just loves her hugs and you can't stop touching her . You just like being around her , But she's in your sight where you can see her . Lastly if things just comes easy with her , Than you know she's the one for you . Most important is she's not the most beautiful or sexist woman you ever been with , But in your eyes it feels that way. You got a keeper

What Guys Said 1

• Take your guards and acts down. Be yourself.

Are they smiling more now? Bingo.