Would you date someone your friends told you not to?

I finally found an old high school crush online after so many years. We always had an awesome connection but he was too nervous to actually talk to me in school--but we would chat for hours! Anyway my best friend told me to stop emailing him cos he was a weirdo in school. We're 25 now c'mon can we judge pol from how they were in school?! Plus I think geeky guys are kinda cute:) He'll be moving back in a few weeks so I Haven't even seen his face yet!

Point is my best guy friend says the guy is creepy (they hung out back then)

Any advice? Any similar stories?!:)

Most Helpful Guy

• Live YOUR life. Make YOUR own mistakes. Do what makes YOU happy. If you feel there is a connection with the person and you're interested than why not give it a try? For all you know, your friends could probably dislike him for the dumbest reasons ie. how he dresses, his interests, or the way he speaks. But at the end of the day, that guy could probably be your most compatible match and possibly treat you better than any of your previous boyfriends have. And, you just may fall in love. Would you want miss out on the chance of possibly finding something real because your friends think he's a "geek?" People are so quick to label someone as "creepy" or "weird" but why not actually arrive to your own conclusions. Don't miss out on your happiness, that's all I have to say.

• Thank you for the incredible points you made! I appreciate the effort you made to present your advice so well

What Guys Said 2

• Depends on which friends and what they say. I have some friends if they said not to date a particular woman for a particularly reason that was really bad, I would accept their counsel without question.

Other friends, I'd be mindful but still go ahead.

• No dramas, just date the guy.

What Girls Said 3

• While it's okay to listen to and respect your friends' and family's opinion, you're the only one who will know who makes you happy and is good for you. It's really not your friend's business especially since she's basing her shallow opinion of the guy on who he was years ago.

• i did and it really depends on the situation but if you tell your friends about your relationship and none of them like it or for some reason you feel like the can't share things or they would disapprove you probably shouldn't be in it

• You can take his advice into consideration and keep an eye our for any creepy/weird behavior but as long as it's not inappropriately or harmfully creepy, than if you find it kinda cute you should go for it.

It's your life, not your best friends.

:)