How do you know if he's right?

Ive been dating this guy in navy for about a month but there are some stuff I don't think we are compatible in and my mother says he doesn't appreciate me and he is just using me how do I know what his intentions are ? Or if he is right for me without having to ask him because he might lie

he said he he was looking for a girlfriend that he could get to know and hopefully date for a couple of years then marry them but I don't know if that's what we both want. Personally I prefer not to get married

Most Helpful Girl

• Actions speak louder than words. A guy can say some of the nicest things ever, but if his actions say otherwise then you have problem.

Another thing to look at is when you talk about him to your friends, what things do you omit? Do you find yourself making excuses for things that he does like when he lets you down, doesn't contact you, etc? Its what you don't say that says the most about your relationship.

If other people are saying that he doesn't have your best interest at heart, and its more than one person, then you may want to listen up. Especially your mother. If your mother is usually right (even if you don't want to admit it) then you may want to listen.

What Guys Said 1

• If he is the right person for you, he definitely won't use you. The right person is going to be interested in you for more than just your body. If he actually cares about you, he will take your needs and wants always into consideration. He'd be alright hanging out with you, even if there is no sex involved. If you feel you're not compatible with him, then why are you with him? I mean, I would rather be in a relationship with someone I genuinely enjoy being with, than just with anyone cause I don't want to be lonely. You know what I mean? IMO, you should definitely be talking with him and seeing where your relationship is going, and if you're not on the same path, then maybe you should re-evaluate.

What Girls Said 1

• I would need to know how is your relationship with him, What is it that he does that brigs doubts to your mom?