How do I tell if a guy wants more than a one night stand?

There's this guy I met online and we got to know each other really well. We got taking about the kind of things we're into and it turns out we're quite alike. But since we met physically all we have talked about was sexual acts and our sexual attraction towards each other. Don't get me wrong, I love that we can be intimate without seeing each other, but I need to know if he wants more than just someone to sleep with...

How can I ask him this without things getting awkward? I really like him but need to know if I'm going to think about being in a relationship with this guy.

Most Helpful Guy

• The bottom line is: if you have sex before you're in a relationship, MOST guys will no longer see you as "relationship material" and will only consider you a FWB (at most). So, if you want a relationship, you need to wait on sex until you're in one, and even then, wait a little while to make sure.

Of COURSE he wants sex, that's normal and okay, but you need to know if he wants more than that too, and the ONLY way to know is to require the commitment before the sex.

• Thanks for the advice :)

What Guys Said 3

• If you met online and are instantly talking about sex, your just going to be that to him, if you want more, don't put out, let him get to love you cause he isn't going to get that way from emails. give it a few months without, if he is still around then he will most likely be the next morning.

• That's just it... We didn't start instantly talking about sex until about 2 weeks before I met him physically and that was about a month ago now... But thanks :)

• you still should not be talking about it till it happens, it should just happen at your will one day, then talk about it

• you'll know after you sleep with him that first night.

• ask during sex you'll always a yes

What Girls Said 2

• Ok OK I'll share my crazy life and admit lots of stuff if it helps you in any way! Here goes: I met a guy online and we were talking so much that by the end of the first few weeks we just left Skype on all night talked each other to sleep woke up together it was just hopelessly romantic and it had been age since any of us felt like that so it was cheesy but awesome. We didn't do video calls os we wanted to meet properly but like I said we talked all day! And all night! After we met and after a few dates we had sex. It felt romantic passionate and right. I didn't pressure myself to do it or anything.

Nonetheless he drifted away and it was soon over. You see if you han tourself over to someone so easily it usually isn't a good basis for a relatiOnship. I feel like OK I'm in my twenties not a kid anymore sex is natural and not a bad thing blah blah but I want a good relationship and jumping to sex usually isn't the best foundation for one.

You are amazing for knowing what you want! Good for u! But never ever get carried away, let the other person prove themself to you. It may seem romantic to jump at it but if you don't earn certain things then they usually seem less worthy.

Which is why at my first date with another guy a few days ago, he kissed me an tried to feel me up and I told him straight up but casually with a smile that I don't wanna fool around so fast. He never called again. Yeah he seemed cool and dun but I saw what he was all about if he caref for a relationship he would call back:) put yourself first!

OH! Sorry for the long post but I have anoter thing to share, people like to chat and have fun online but lots of them are in relationships already! It's the modern way of flirting and geting away with it so never forget that you never know what someone may be hiding. I don't mean be paranoid and scared just know what you're worth, be open about what you want and have fun with your brains in your head!:) fast and passionate may be romantic but it's not taken seriously

• You know what. Try and turn the conversations stop talking about sex for a while. If he continually shows interest regardless of what you talk about then he likes you more than just physically. If you stop talking about sex and he blows you off that all he wanted.