Girls: Would you let your friend take the guy you're interested in?

lets say you and a guy have been flirting a bit and your pretty interested in him and want something more but one night your out with your friends and he takes an interest in your friend over you and hits it off really well with her. Your friend has no idea you and him sorta had a thing so it's completely innocent for her to respond. Would you let your friend keep going along with it or would you pull her aside and stop her? even if you did ask her to stop and he kept hitting on her big time and she was genuinely interested would you be angry with her? Give me your opinions ladies.

I am not the male in this situation I'm just wondering haha, I have done it before though and it caused a split in a group of friends for which I now feel terrible about.

you werent being hit on that same day, lets say for example he's a friend from work

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd be fine with it.

People like to flirt - so me flirting with a guy is nothing concrete; even if maybe I'd like it to me. It's not my friend's fault that he took more of a liking to her than he did me in the end; and honestly - clearly if he's interested in my friend and not me then it never would have worked out anyway.

So yeah - fine with it. As long as we're talking just harmless flirting and chatting beforehand. Otherwise I might have to question whether he's a bit of a 'player' and warn her off; but only if his tactics before had led me to believe so. Generally - I'd just leave them be.

What Girls Said 17

• I've been in a similar situation. I started to have feelings for a guy my friend used to have feelings for... but I didn't know that. She flipped out on me and I ended it with the guy to save my friendship with her, because I would never ruin a friendship over a guy... but it was really hard because he and I were a really good fit whereas they never were.

I like to think if I was in that situation I would want my friend to be happy... if he is into her it's not going to work with us anyways, so may as well let her date him and be happy... but I bet my friend would've answered this question the same way before that happened. So I guess it's hard to say until you're in that situation!

• If she has no idea, then yeah, but I would tell her that he and I were flirting. I wouldn't let her go into it blind. She should know he flip-flopped like that.

If I like the guy and she likes him, it's every girl for herself. I've been in this situation with my best friend, and we respect each other. It was a fun little competition (I won, and to this day she claims it was a tie! haha) but even during the time, we knew we weren't risking our friendship. We love and respect each other too much.

If I'm REALLY into him, like want to date him, am infatuated, anything, I will have told her about him. And even if she wanted him, she wouldn't make a move. It's work in the reverse, too. Had my friend wanted the guy badly, I would have gladly stepped aside for her.

I can't think of a time she would intentionally hurt me, so no, I can never get mad at her. More likely I'd get mad at the guy for putting her in the position!

• Although it would disappoint me and I'd be a bit let down for a while, I couldn't get mad at my friend if she wasn't aware. If the guy really does prefer to be with her, I'd just appreciate that he could end things with me in a kind and respectful way instead of just cutting contact.

• Um, that's a hard one. There really is no safe solution here. I would not tell her to back off, but I would politely tell her that I have an interest in him. That's why I usually tell my friends about guys that I like upfront. The only time I didn't I ended up together with a guy that my friend liked because neither one of us told each other. I hate to promote gossip, but girls really should tell other girls about the guys they like.

• I would pull her aside and tell her. If it made me uncomfortable and hurt me that bad, then I would tell her.

• "Your friend has no idea you and him sorta had a thing"

That just wouldn't happen, girls talk about everything together.

Even if that was the case, I'd talk to her and tell her and then if she liked him than that would be a problem, but if he showed no interest, I guess I'd probably give up on him in that situation.

• if she doesn't know then she doesn't know, so then its OK and if he choose her then what good is he to me anyway, just shows he is a douche that proably uses the same pick up line on every girl.

• whats wrong with using the same pickup line?

• chicks at clubs are all the same, angry bitches. I wouldn't care, the chances of meeting someone that will be a significant partner at a club is low. but you would have to be pretty stupid to use the same pickup line on their friend

• some dudes pick up chicks with the same pick up lame, and what I got out of the story he doesn't flirt with the friends the same day so who knows.

• if that guy keeps hitting on my friends, that means he is not that into me, then I won't stop my female friends and even won't tell her I have a feeling for that guy.

but I will keep in mind that this guy is a player not a keeper.

plus, won't get mad at him, but maybe feel a bit disappointed

• plus, the reason I don't tell my female friends is that guy is my friend as well, at least in the same social circle, I won't mess around and gossip around. rumors and gossips are disaster...at least for me.

• it really depends, I really want the guy and then I will make a move on him but if she made the move then I back off but one time neither of us backed off I won dated fell in love he broke my heart

• if he wants her than he can have her ha ha I don't fight over guys or try to win their heart or attention.

• Um,if they're a good friend and I KNEW they wanted to go out with him,then sure.

• I would tell my friend that he was flirting with me earlier, and that would probably make her change her mind. If a guy started hitting on me, then my best friend, I'd immediately tell her he is no good.

• I would let it go. No guy is so special to lose a good friend over.

• hell no

• It's happen to me in the past and I'm not willing to fight for a guy too many around the world soi wouldn't care

• The right answer is you aren't mad and you can be friends with both. That's what would be right and most girls would try to be okay with it and move on. But genuinely I would be pissed as helll!

• The guy's fault. Don't hit on two girlfriends at the same time. They will start to avoid each other, lose trust, etc.

What Guys Said 0