Why does this guy say he will call me then end up texting?

i don't understand he asks me to call him but he says he will call me but ends up texting, we have spoken to each other on phone jus to know where we are when meeting uo but besides that we never have a one 2 one chat talking about how his or my day been

Most Helpful Guy

• It could be one of several reasons:

1. We simply don't have as much to say. Guys honestly don't need to pour themselves out on the phone that much. Sometimes we're intrigued at how long girls can talk, other times you tire us out. Girls can be overwhelming at times, even if you're just trying to share what's on your mind.

2. He's busy. A text is much faster than phone conversation with the vast majority of girls. When was the last time you had a short phone conversation? For you, that's probably two minutes. For myself and a lot of guys, we get it out in twenty seconds and hang up. No hard feelings!

3. He's short on cell minutes?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• guys are not very expressive as women are, women can go on talking for hours and guys usually are scared to call the girl up because they fear theyll appear boring if they have nothng to talk about...thats why they just text instead...its just awkward for them...texting is more impersonal then talking on the phone and it doesn't have weird silences

• He maybe just prefers texting. Honestly, I do that a lot, tell people I'll call them for some reason, but just text them instead. It's nothing personal, I just feel like texting instead. Sometimes, I'm busy with something else and don't have time to hold a convo, and sometimes, I just don't feel like talking and or listening.

• That's just guys, they hate the phone, hopefully eventually he will start calling you soon. or start calling him.