Interesting ways to start a conversation via text?

What are some interesting ways to start a texting conversation with a guy you like? (and nothing along the lines of hanging out because I can't do that due to distance lol) Ideas welcome from both guys and girls! thanks in advance :)

Most Helpful Guy

• The four jewels of the celebrity endorsement dollar. Honestly, us guys, we boil down to just a few things. But more than "things" to text, what type is he more, analytical or intuitive? Chances are if he's 'analytical' you need something specific with a context. If he's intuitive you need to stay to the general themes of life, NOT specific. But since I'm guessing this is the early phase of you guys getting to know each other, your answer is "the four jewels of the celebrity endorsement dollar." Cars, music, cell phones, business schemes, an event without it been too random. Something like "hey what do phone do you recommend?" if he's got an iphone then develop, "are you a mac person?" You could also try, " hey are you into superhero movies?" and based on that "Why are they remaking spiderman?" or "yea I figured, do you NOT play videos games?" his reply will probably be "why do you ask?" say something funny :) But be careful to gage his mood. Nothing's worst than a girl who nags us with 9000 questions that are all random... You seem fun, show him your funny side! :)

What Guys Said 7

• umm.. Instead of saying just "hi" or '' wassup'' I start conversation with a girl by teasing her usually LOL like if I liked her perfume she wore today then I'll send text along with a line of "hey miss Jellybean, you shouldn't wear that perfume around me because I can't control myself and maybe do something BAD to you lol"

ha ha ha...you should use some nick names also to make your conversation interesting ^_^

• Well..what worked for me was being asked questions...and not like one after another. Ask a question and then use his answer to make conversation. You can ask more than one obviously I'm sure you know what I mean lol. Just say hey or what's up or how have you been to start it at the begining

• see I'm bored of starting my conversations with "hey, what's up?". what kind of questions are good conversation starters do you think?

• okay thanks :)

• Your welcome. Lol my girlfriend was awsome at starting a convo with me before we dated so that's the only reason why I could help haha

• I always enjoy making funny observations or seeing something and then texting it as the starter. Always makes for a fun and enjoyable conversation instead of just "Hey, what's up?" Keep your eye out for funny stuff during the day, and if something makes you laugh, send it along in a text!

• Send a picture of something random that you just happen to be doing. I.e. if you're drinking a smoothie, take a pic and send it to him and say "I can't live without these:pp" Make something unique cause its a lot better than "hi, what's up?:)"

• Personally, just me, I get annoyed with random stuff like that. I'd rather you pick my brain, but don't waste my time with random stuff because you're bored.

• I guess it's just person preference then because I love random things. Little tidbits of info about someone:p

• just be yourself and just talk about your day .. guys love hearing girls talk because we love hearing their voice

• but it would be via text so he wouldn't hear my voice and I want to know how to start the conversation so I'm not gunna tell him about my day without him asking me first.

• well the first thing you need to know is: stop thinking the guy has to do everything-whether he asks or not. just do whatever comes to your mind

• What did the blind man say to the deaf man?

See ya later!

• i just say hi

What Girls Said 1

• Just call him