How do you feel when a girl offers to pay for the date?

How does it make you feel when a girl offers to pay for your dinner/movie/etc?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have women do this quite often. I personally love it, because it shows that she is willing to invest time and energy into the relationship. I also like it when a woman I'm seeing buys me flowers... talk about brownie points. However this is all only true if I like her back, I don't like to be lead on, and don't like to lead others on. I'd have to say you are a pretty cool chick if you've got the balls to try and pay for the date, esp the 1st one, and that can be attractive. Just don't try too hard and let him pay if he insists. Hope this helps, Kyle

What Guys Said 6

• If it was the first date, I would feel a little awkward, but if it was the second or third date and I had paid for everything before that, I would feel flattered, and feel like she was trying to make as much of an effort into the relationship as I was.

• For the whole event, I would feel uncomfortable. I'd rather split up the different costs if we were going Dutch. I pay for tickets, she buys the treats, I pay for dinner, she pays for the ice skating, etc. If I paid for everything myself, that wouldn't bother me either.

I would much more prefer a woman to ask me out on the date, than to have her pay for it all.

• For the first handful of dates I feel that I should be paying for the date. if she would like to offer that's fine but she should be willing to let me pay. after a few dates and we have both decided that we want to move past the dating stage to something more serious, then if she wants to pay for a date here and there that's fine with me. after all us guys are not made of money.

• This is exactly how I feel....glad I have the right idea (somewhat) haha

• I don't mind if she offers, its kinda dating etiquette for her to offer but I would never let her pay. Maybe its because I'm old fashioned but I like the role of paying for dates, there's no real confusion and I feel its kinda awkward for her to offer all the time. But at the end of the date, she better PUT OUT or Get out!

J/K...that last sentence was a JOKE!

p.s. davidsaj is also has a great answer.

• Hahaha, I figured it was a joke. I laughed out loud actually...and now everyone's looking at me weird.

• Hahaha, yeah, I gotta agree dude. That's funny. I like to be old fashioned too, but I won't deny that it makes me feel great to have a woman pursue me.

• I will try to decline unless she insists, but I won't think badly of her because of it. It's ok if she's the one who asked you out to begin with too.

• I like it when she offers. It tells me that she is thinking of being considerate of me.

What Girls Said 0