Would he tell me if I didn't ask?

Before moving to a different city about 6 months ago, I was friends with a guy that turned into more of a casual relationship/FWB. Since then we have text on and off, but haven't had long or detailed conversations. I will be back in the city he lives in on business soon and he agreed to meeting for dinner and drinks while I'm in town. We really "broke it off", distance just got in the way.

As I said, I haven't spoken much to him since I moved and I have no idea if he's seeing someone else. Is that something he would have said to me when he said yes to meeting for dinner? Would he be expecting more than just dinner (given our past casual relationship), or is he just being friendly?

I imagine we would still be attracted to each other. "Do you have a girlfriend" is not something I want to ask outright, but at the same time, I don't want to overstep my bounds.

Most Helpful Girl

• If he accepted a dinner/drinks with you, and wasn't forth coming with you about being in a relationship, than HE has overstepped his bounds. It would be proper, considering the past nature of your relationship, for him to expect, that you may be expecting, or wanting, or open to, more than 'just a dinner'. I wouldn't bring it up. That's for him to do. He's probably just feeling his way through it, just like you are.

What Guys Said 1

• It could go either way; friendship or intimacy, but either way, you are right about feelings still being there for both of you, so if he isn't in anything significant, he might be hoping for more than just dinner, what that actually means though(sex or an a chance at a relationship), I don't know.

What Girls Said 1

• He is probably not seeing someone else. Go ahead and go to dinner and see how things are. If he is flirty, then ask him if he has a girlfriend. He might even ask you if you are seeing anyone.