What do you think of online dating?

I am an engineer in training and its a bit hard to study, research and have an interesting social life plus there aren't as much good looking girls in my department. Anyways I resulted into online dating. I kind of feel like a loser because I'm still young. So what do you guys think of it?

Most Helpful Girl

• I was on a dating site for a while, to be honest I think it's better to just find someone in person, I'm not on it right now because I'd like to see how things go without dating online. In my experience, I had two boyfriends from being on a dating site. But it never lasted long with them, my first boyfriend was hot and cold about the relationship so he broke it off. And with my ex boyfriend things got complicated.. Online it's pretty much depending on the way you look as well.. A lot of people decide to give it a chance to see if they like it and it does kind of open up more doors for you

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 8

• I would try to meet someone anywhere else. Dating sites are filled with girls who have bad personalities or they simply want attention.

• so I am engineering major so I feel you man. and people really don't get that nobody good looking chooses engineering. in fact me and the guys always hang out at arts major place.

BUT

you only are saying that cause you are too shy to talk to a girl or ask her our. and to be honest I have friends who have great social life and study engineering and get better grades than me. in fact we are in the same class

• Whether you are a loser or not isn't decided by whether you have an online dating account or not, but whether you use an account normally or you use your account like a creep.

Nothing wrong with online dating, as long as that isn't the basis of your social life, but rather a supplement. With your real life being the 90% and your online socializing being the 10%.

• Meh, it's that or walk up to random good looking girls on the street and strike up a conversation.

• how often to people do that?

• Not very, what do you have to lose? I'm sure you live in a pretty big city compared to my town so it shouldn't be an issue lol. You can walk up to a girl and say "hey, you're really cute and I wanted to come say hi". Of course if you're online you can find people with similar interests and probably have a better chance of a real relationship..

• Of course some people are going to make fun of online dating, most people in my generation are extremely ignorant and don't know much besides what's on Jersey Shore. If it works for you good, if you're very busy that's a good excuse it's getting more and more popular but it's not like you have to tell your friends about it if you don't want to..

• more competition for men than for women

• Its pretty much bullsh*t, your chances in reality ar elike 5x greater than the chances of landing someone hot on a dating website. That's guaranteed fam.

• It's a great way to find someone

• I have never had a girlfriend.

I graduated with two bachelors degrees (in Computer Science and in Japanese), and I can tell you the subjects don't mix so well. I am now a bachelor of Art and Science =).

The easiest time to meet people was in college. I was busy with my nerdy subjects (and I ended up doing mediocre when I finished), but the thing that I regret most is not going out and meeting more people.

JOIN CLUBS. GO TO PARTIES. TALK WITH PEOPLE IN CLASS. LIVE.

Girls are everywhere, man. A lot of them are looking for a guy to get to know well, too!

Those not-so-good looking girls are still awesome friends, and you never know when they might be able to hook you up! Also, you never know when one of those girls from class turns out look a helluva lot better after like a year's time even!

When you get out in the real world and get a job (like me or my engineering friends), you will find that you have even LESS time to meet people. Think of it this way, you go to work for 8 hours, you sleep for 8 hours, you start going to the gym because you realize it's kind of a good idea (1 hour), you hang out playing Dungeons and Dragons or Magic The Gathering on the week-ends with a bunch of dudes (takes all day, g#$%^& it!). The only girls you meet if you don't make an effort are going to either be from work (bad idea to date co-workers!) or at the bar or club (lots of one-night stands only). Do NOT do online dating until you are in this position.

I am about to fly in for an interview at a company that I like for a job that I also kind of like. I plan to start doing online dating once I get my next job, because honestly it is HARD to meet members of the opposite gender when you get to my age. However, YOU are still in college -the easiest time to start relationships. Go for it. Go talk with a girl about a subject you are familiar with that you 'overheard'. Be friendly. Meet her again. Get food together.

BUST A MOVE!

link