Should you stay with someone just because you feel sorry for them?

Should you stay with someone just because you worry what will happen to them if you leave them, even if you will be unhappy with them?

Most Helpful Girl

• i don't think you should stay with anyone because you pity them !u will probably end up cheating on them or hurting them either way its not benificial for them at all..would you like it if someone stayed with you because they felt bad and there feelings are not true?its a waist of time the only way to help them in the long run is leave it may hurt them for a little bit but in the long run it will help them they will find someone who truly appriciates them and makes them happy whitch is a beter out come!

What Girls Said 5

• Absolutely under no circumstance is this a good decision. That person deserves to be with someone who will love them completely. If you can't give them that, let them go. They'll go through pain now to be happier later, just like you.

• No your not being true to yourself by doing that. If you are to busy worried about that other person being happy and forgetting about your own happiness that's not good at all especially if you have to lie to that person about being happy when you aren't that's just living a lie.

• No if you're not happy or the other isn't happy don't stay..pity isn't a great reason either

• No. I think it only hurts both people.

• No.

What Guys Said 6

• I know how hard the choice is as I went through such an experience. I dated a girl for six months and she became emotionally unstable at the prospect of separation, after several disagreements. She always threatened to kill her self if I left and leave I did. The very night I left I got a call from her parents stating she was in the hospital as she slit her wrists. I made the mistake and went to her. That six months turned in to a year. I became very unhappy and resentful and it affected my entire world. The moral of the story is listen to what people are telling you, get out of the relationship as soon as you can as there is nothing good that can come of it...

• No because when they finally do find out that you have been with them for pity it will break them even more then breaking up with them before would have since they will be wondering were they really into me at all or was it all just a joke to them and that will eat at them for a long time

• Keep it real,

Explain it all in a letter, so she will know what's up. Put it in an inspirational words, bringing out the best of her. You have to be honest and ask her what would she do if she was in your position. Show her the world from multiple angels, that helps a lot in delivering a message that its not too personal.

• No. You're only deceiving them and holding yourself back from being content. It's their fault if they choose self-harm.

• No. It's your life too, mate.

• I don't think so.