I think I'm attracted to another guy. What is happening to me?

Okay I've been in a relationship for 4 years with my high school sweet heart, so I think I'm attracted to another guy, he isn't all that good looking but he speaks well, is intellectual, and well he's kinda cute, like when he walks in he's mostly always dressed in jeans with his shirt tucked in and I can't help but stare at him, his facial hair, his his shoulders like everything, what is happening ? when I look at my boyfriend, who's way better looking I always think wow, but this guys is something else and he likes me

Most Helpful Guy

• There's a difference between finding another person attractive while in a relationship with someone else, and daydreaming what it would be like to kiss or sleep with that person. Pretty much everyone, even your boyfriend finds the op. sex attractive, but when you get to the point where you start daydreaming (different from dreaming in your sleep since you can control a daydream) of having sex or being intimate with that other person... that is when it begins to get dicey. Some people will maintain that having sexual fantasies about another person while being in a relationship is normal... and as long as you don't act on these fantasies then you're fine. To some degree I agree with this, but it is a very slippery slope you are putting yourself on when doing this. If you're mature enough to be able to separate the two then okay, but if not... well things will get messy.

What Guys Said 6

• You can't help who you find attractive, it's part of our DNA. What you can do is not act on the attraction, especially if you are already in a committed relationship.

You are perfectly normal, being in a relationship does not mean we stop finding other people attractive. Just remember your current boyfriend, if he's been good and faithful to you, stay with him. Just don't act on your feelings to the other guy.

• to think that someone would only be physically attracted to their significant other is being naive. Ull alway be attracted to other people you just have to control yourself from acting upon it.

• It's normal to be attracted to other guys. Your attraction for others doesn't automatically die when you're taken.

Now the thing is...it seems that more and more nowadays people ACT on this attraction when taken and CHEAT on their partner.

Hopefully you have the maturity to stay faithful.

• You're just tired, if you decrease the times a week when you see your boyfriend might help, because then you'll miss him. Basically just give each other some more space to breathe

• be relaxed.it happens sometime.tell your boyfriend to wear cloths and other things that you like.when you see that guy at that time just recall moments in which your boyfriend cares you,touches you ,or kiss you,just try to remember all that sweet memories.u will see results.same things happening with me when I see other beautiful girls after my marriage.then I did this and it really works.

• You're being normal. Even serial monogamists can't help but experience this, particularly if it's a mutual attraction. Have fun with it, that's what life is for.

What Girls Said 4

• I think the trouble comes in when you find the other person -more- attractive than your significant other. Have you two been fighting? Has he been ignoring your needs in any way?

• Being in a relationship =/= being blind to the opposite gender. Ofc you may find other guys attractive or interesting, sometimes people need a little eye candy. As long as your s/o is appreciated and respected

• well you can't help yourself with whom you're attracted to but you have a boyfriend right now so just focus on your relationship and your feeling towards the other guy would hopefully fade away.

• If I was your boyfriend, never let you go.. Ups, sorry.