Is it weird for a guy to mention kids early on?

I've been sleeping with this guy for the past couple of months. It's been pretty casual, nothing too serious. Last night he mentioned how he was wondering the other day what our kids would look like. Is it me or is that a little odd for a man to think about stuff like that, especially when we aren't even seriously dating.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd guess he's just getting more comfortable with you. He enjoys seeing you and probably wants to become more serious and is willing to be open about things like that. Not that kids would be at the top of my list of conversations with a girl I was just sleeping with, but to each their own. He might be more into you then you are into him.

What Guys Said 5

• It's you. That isn't weird. You are doing the thing that makes kids, so how strange is it that he would think about what your offspring would look like?

If he said something like I cannot wait to have kids with you, that would be weird, but just wondering what they would look like is not strange at all.

• I am a man and I am thinking it would be nice to have non-autistic kids before I become impotent or infertile (onset happens after 30).

We have biological clocks, too. He's serious about you.

I am going crazy right now just thinking about it.

• Hmm, sounds like he wants to get serious, it may have been a way for him to breach the subject. Because we all know how hard that can be sometimes

• Yes it does, run while you can, before you end up as his Ed Gien lamp shade. He sounds stalkerish just from what you said.

• yeah, very weird. maybe he thinks there's something serious between you, when to you it's just friends with benefits. you should really clarify that to him before you break his heart.

What Girls Said 0