Would you ever use a dating site?

In my religion, they advise against it. But some in my religion have made their own "friends" site. So idk. All I know is I'm overweight and shy and I feel like I'll never meet anyone the old fashioned way that is my religion.

• Yes.
  • Maybe
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• I've spent a good 3k on reputable dating sites with not one single date to show for it. Tried craigslist and got 3 bf's. I also met a lot of crazy people and a stalker and you get a lot of pics of peoples junk. So if you can't handle that or being very very cautious I would advise against it.

• Wow 3k? That's a lot. I can tell that you're very serious about dating.

• Yup my job leaves me no time to find someone normally. You would think that since they are both on TV quite a lot with adverts it would pan out eventually nope. Just 3k down the drain over 6 years.

• Man. Wow. Yeah I considered that once. Paysites I mean. But I mostly stuck to somewhat free sites and completely free sits. I got a few girlfriends off of there, and a couple last a while. But as I said before (read above) for the most part I found that internet dating was just as good or bad as regular dating.

What Guys Said 14

• I read somewhere the odds of men having a successful match on dating sites are much lower than women due to issues like interaction on dating sites, issues with sites plainly taking user money and creating fake profiles, etc.

I have not gone to a Match or Eharmony yet and do not yet. I'd rather take my chances in the real world, where an unflattering picture or bad profile will not ruin my chances.

• I thought gag was a dating site... That's what all the horny men blowing up my inbox lead me to believe at least.

• Its OK , trust is really important , don't ever belive the negatives in life, stay in the positives, the light

• I smell Islam.

Just a hunch.

• I tried it, it didn't work. I don't take good pictures of myself (or didn't at the time), and I think lying is wrong. The pic and the truth combined equals no one getting past the pic on my profile, so I gave it up and deleted my account.

• I used to use craiglist for random hookups, not really "dates". too crazy on it now for that sort of thing.

• Maybe if I got REALLY desperate. Tbh, I don'y trust those sites...

• no qualms about it, but they are rather useless.

• at my age no (18), and what religion out of interest?

• i can't see myself ever using a dating site

• yes, but the competition is way more tough for guys than for girls

• Sure and many people use them and have success

• I find it funny that people on this site won't use a dating site. It's like the same type of thing, chatting online.

• I don't chat. I just ask and answer questions.

• Having a conversation. Same difference.

• The difference for me is that I have no intention of meeting the other users here in person, providing personal details about myself, letting them know where I live, etc. A dating site only works if you are willing to trust the other users to an extent, because the ultimate goal is to actually date them for real. On this site, you can remain completely anonymous without undermining the whole point of the website.

• No, I find it unnecessary and too risky. Many any girls don't look in person the way they look online.

What Girls Said 21

• Yeah if I wanted to I don't see why not, there seems to be a stigma with using those sites but eh as long as you're an adult and imo actually wanting a relationship ( not just looking for a fun way to spend a weekend) then go for it.

People find love in stranger places.

• Sure.

• yes I did

• Honestly, if I don't meet a guy worth pursuing a relationship with before I'm done earning my college degree (which is now moot), I'll probably try it.

• I was on pof and met the guy I'm dating now. Don't get me wrong, you find a lot of losers and creeps on there. Just gotta use your common sense and be careful.

• In the flesh is the only way to go. Hiding behind a deceptive photo, or building a relationship through chat only to be dumped for not being "cute" will hurt far more than a simple no from a person. This sucks! You will face rejection and maybe ridicule. at the end of the day though those dates you do get will be from people who actually like you.

• yes,i met my first and he's my current boyfriend on okcupid. been together over a year and living together for 6 months now :). super in love with each other.

• i voted no and I like to think I'll stick to that throughout my life but who knows how lonely I'll get...

• i like meeting people in person and I think it's way better than meeting someone ffrom a dating site

• I concur...person-to-person interaction is best. The problem is that most ppl, especially females, are not as receptive to strangers so meeting females is more difficult. :-X

• I don't like using dating sites. I actually think it's much easier to meet someone in person. It's just less awkward and less formal. But you should try it if you think you'll be successful

• Tried it, it's an absolute nightmare. Well, at least the free sites were. Haven't tried the ones that you have to pay for which I heard were much better. But, that's because I'm a poor college student.

• no I rather meet and date someone the old fashion way.

• For sh*ts and giggles.

• Yes but it never worked out for me.

• NO.! you can NEVER TRUST THEM.! NEVER.!

• Yes

• No

• no. I dislike dating site. *yuck!*

• No I don't trust those sites

• I have and have had success with it. Sure there are lots of weirdo's on them but I don't find there are any more than in everyday life so it's really isn't any different than meeting people in real life except that you and the other members are putting it out there that you are looking to meet someone.

• See, now that's actually a reasonable way of looking at it. I used one for a while there, and I found no major difference from dating in real life. The main difference I found was that it's all up front, and people are slightly more likely to talk to someone online than in person. Other than that, same amount of liars and weirdos. Same amount of users, and cheaters. All those negative human beings people associate with these sites are really, in the end the same people you see everywhere else.

• Exactly.

• I personally am getting tired of the mentality that everyone on the internet is a psycho, or a rapist who's going to deceive you and stuff you in a van, and ritually rape you and sacrifice you to satan. So far I'm the only one I know who does th... I mean... uh... anyway. But all jokes aside, it's funny how many people think this stuff. Like if we're all like that, all us internet folk, then what does that make you? (points to whoever reads this)

The internet, like Soylent Green, is people.

• I used one and it didn't pan out well. Unfortunately a lot people become addicted to these sites as they can get constant attention from a range of would be candidates and this addiction can continue into a relationship. I had the guy I met online do this to me and it hurt like hell when I realized how much I had been played the whole time.