Should I keep trying?

So, the guy that I have been kinda seeing for 6 months or so has basically dropped off the face of the earth. He never calls or text anymore so I stopped texting and calling him. I am not going to be some ignorant girl chasing some guy. Just as soon as I stop contacting him over a few days I get texts from him asking if I'm ok and wanting to talk. BUT then as soon as I share any kind of eagerness to be in any kind of conversation, he turns off again. Should I keep trying or just go ahead and end this screwy situation?

Most Helpful Guy

• I am/was in the same situation as you! I have been seeing a girl for 6 months but I was the one doing all the work. I would ask her out, we would have a good time and it would be 2-3 weeks before I saw her again. She didn't ever make time for me. Now I really like this girl but I decided to have some respect for myself and I haven't talked to her in 2 and a half weeks now. It hurts but I know its the right thing to do. I suggest you do the same. We are about the same age, perhaps I can give you a call? hahaha

good luck!

What Guys Said 4

• I think it's probably over hun. If you were a priority, he would want to spend time with you and talk to you and be with you.

• "Should I keep trying or just go ahead and end this screwy situation?"

Do both. Time for The Talk. At six months, it might be a little late for The Talk.

• what do you mean signs of eagerness? like asking him out?

• ok a guy that won't even talk to you is dumb really if you have been seeing him for 6 months and he stops talking to you you should tell him better started acting like a man and talk to me or its over and find a new man lol

What Girls Said 6

• Well, how can you have a relationship if you're doing all the work? I thought it was supposed to be 50/50? Doesn't the fact that you always have to contact him stress you out? Those are just some questions for you to keep in mind...

Sounds like he lost respect and feelings for you along the way because you helped him become lazy in the relationship. You need somebody who will make you feel desired, not rejected...So even if you did contact him again, that's not going to change his feelings towards u. That's only going to make him feel obligated to respond to you at the moment, then it will fall right back in that same pattern again, where you initiate the conversation and he only responds. The best thing to do is find someone else, who will give you what you've been missing out on in your relationship with him. This guy took you for granted and it'll be too hard, or even impossible to fix things again. Move on, find someone who cares enough to know how you're doing daily.

Good luck! :-)

• im in that situation right now... but its no strings attached so yea if youve only kinda been seeing each other then send him a text saying "do you want to take this next step?" (offical relathionship) or "i think we should stop seeing each other" I personally would send that one because if he texts back and tries to stay with you then at least he's thinking about you... or how good you are in bed... maybe try a more casual thing, hook-ups and not so much dating?

• You should probably end it.. If he really, really liked you he would want to see you and talk to you more than every once in a while.

• if you have feelings for this guy then talk to him about it be upfronth sometimes they want to be chased and when you don't chase then they want to seem interested tell him to stop acting like a teenager because he's playin game now I'm not sayin to go crazy and start yellin just text him calmly and ask him where do you stand ? relationship wise or if he's keepin you in the friends circle, tell him that your not up for bullsh*t and if he's not serious let you knw now...

• girl... get rid of him... he's playing games.. if he's not willing to invest the same time and effort that you are... he's so not worth it! you can do soo much better!

• sorry I think that's the end of it!

you sud move you

u deserve someone better!