Girls, would you like it if on the first date the guy just told you he's looking for a girlfriend?

That way you know his intentions right off the bat? or would that freak you out?

I ask this because a lot of girls are complaining that they wish they knew if the guy wants a relationship or just sex. well what if guys were just crystal clear from the beginning on the first date what they really are after? wouldn't that be a courtesy for you?

Most Helpful Girl

• Since I'd have to be considering him being my boyfriend in the future if I said yes to the date, then I'd like that a lot. Saves all the guess work!

What Girls Said 15

• He could mention it, but not like: just to let you know, I'm looking for a girlfriend.

That would seem to me like he would keep on dating someone, if they're good for him or not, just because he wants a gf.

I'd be more like: "ah, I'm kinde done with the random flings, when I start something, I want it to be good, nothing random, just a good relationship with a nice girlfriend."

If a guy would say that to me on a date, I'd totally agree! (except girlfriend would be bf)

• Absolutely, as long as he doesn't seem desperate about it. Some guys make it seem that they're desperate for a girlfriend and will date any attractive girl that says yes. If he's merely looking for something more serious with the right person, it's a plus.

• It really depends on the vibe I get from the guy...for example, I went on a first date with a guy who, ten minutes after meeting me, told me he loved me. He did not get a second date because I was too busy running for the hills.

If the date is going well and we have a lot in common, no, that would not freak me out.

• Isn't that what a first date is for?

• If he means it ya, I would like it. I would probably ask anyways. I would also agree with tadpole, his version sounds nicer

• well I wouldn't be freaked out. If he just said that to me out of the blue on the date I would just say isn't that why we are on this date haha!

• I think if a guy is clear about his intentions, that is extremely hot and very respectable. You may want to say it in a non-creepy way like "I'm at a point in my life now where I'm really not interested in serial dating. I want to find a genuine connection with one person" instead of "Im looking for a girlfriend" kind of sounds desperate...

• Yes! If I did not want a relationship with the guy, I would not date him at all. To me, a first date is to see if the two of us would be compatible enough to be in a relationship.. so, yes, I would love to know if he's serious about something good.

• maybe on the third date or something.. first date would freak me out and I'd think it was moving too fast tbh

• I honestly would like if a Guy said what they were looking for right of the bat that way I would not get crushed if I found out later and was in love with him.

• nope that wouldn't freak me out cause that's the usual thing that happens.. well in my culture :)

• I'd be a little freaked, honestly.

• Whatever his intentions are, even if he just wants to see where things lead, like if he is honest. It's so much easier to make decisions about him if I know what he is expecting from me even if it is nothing.

• I'd prefer to here him say that he's looking for a commitment

• It's happened before, and frankly it really depends on the guy.

• So how did you react?

• I asked if he told you on a first date. I do this because a lot of girls are complaining that they wish they knew if the guy wants a relationship or just sex. well what if guys were just crystal clear from the beginning on the first date what they really are after? wouldn't that be a courtesy for you?

• Hmm. It would be a courtesy, but then again many guys say such things and then ditch immediately after sex, so it's a moot point.

What Guys Said 3

• I am not a girl, but I would suggest, instead of saying "I am looking for a girlfriend", you should say "Yeah, I am looking for a relationship, but only with the right person"

• I would think she would think saying that would be redundant

• So being fake wins! ah these girls are amazing. You gotta love it :)

• uh no. it shouldn't be fake. you should actually have standards. if you don't have standards, no matter what you say, eventually she will figure out that you are desperate and move on to a guy who has a higher self esteem and commands more respect to himself.

• I usually ask if theyre the type of person who wants to be in a relationship or if they just date around, it saves me a lot of time

• Don't get a girlfriend just to have one, do it because you like her.