Do smileys in texts mean anything?

I was scheduling a meetup with a girl through texting and after the day was settled, she said that it sounded good and added a smiley after. So is she excited for it? For some reason, talking to her beforehand, she didn't seem all that excited for it, so that's why I'm asking.

0|0
5|3

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, they're definitely overused. :-)

They're usually meant to indicate that the message is meant as a positive one. :-)

Depending on the girl, she may be using them exclusively with you, or she may just be a smiley-holic (like Seinfeld's Elaine and her excessive use of exclamation points ( link ) or the term "yadda yadda" ( link )...). :-)

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• I like to throw smiley faces in mostly because they make a text seem less serious or cold.

That sounds good. :)

vs.

That sounds good.

So yeah I guess, that could be taken as a good sign, but probably nothing too special or anything.

0|0
    0|0
  • um it might just be a filler but sometimes girls are braver in texts than in person so she might just be shy

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • No they mean nothing, well at least not when I do it to a guy.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• :) Of :) course :) they :) do:) Yea don't think anything of it. Smileys are just as good as periods.

0|0
    0|0
  • Smiley faces mean she wants your d*** bro!

Dude seriously, girls write smiley faces EVERYWHERE. I have mad stuff marked in classes with smiley faces on it, tons of texts/messages with them, random ones written on binders and stuff. It's just what a lot of girls do.

1|0
    0|0
  • dont read too much into it. its just like say cool or ok

1|0
    0|0