Do smileys in texts mean anything?

I was scheduling a meetup with a girl through texting and after the day was settled, she said that it sounded good and added a smiley after. So is she excited for it? For some reason, talking to her beforehand, she didn't seem all that excited for it, so that's why I'm asking.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, they're definitely overused. :-)

They're usually meant to indicate that the message is meant as a positive one. :-)

Depending on the girl, she may be using them exclusively with you, or she may just be a smiley-holic (like Seinfeld's Elaine and her excessive use of exclamation points ( link ) or the term "yadda yadda" ( link )...). :-)

What Girls Said 4

• I like to throw smiley faces in mostly because they make a text seem less serious or cold.

That sounds good. :)

vs.

That sounds good.

So yeah I guess, that could be taken as a good sign, but probably nothing too special or anything.

• um it might just be a filler but sometimes girls are braver in texts than in person so she might just be shy

• Nope

• No they mean nothing, well at least not when I do it to a guy.

What Guys Said 3

• :) Of :) course :) they :) do:) Yea don't think anything of it. Smileys are just as good as periods.

• Smiley faces mean she wants your d*** bro!

Dude seriously, girls write smiley faces EVERYWHERE. I have mad stuff marked in classes with smiley faces on it, tons of texts/messages with them, random ones written on binders and stuff. It's just what a lot of girls do.

• dont read too much into it. its just like say cool or ok